• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Production A Long Shot...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I respect that opinion, but saying the Elio or the SRK probably won't happen is dealing in probabilities. My take is it probabably will happen.

Reservationists can test drive the SRK and give it rave reviews on performance and handling with OMG smiles on their faces.

Reservationists can sit in the P5 and give it rave reviews with OMG smiles on their faces.

The reviews are a reality. Yes, both the Elio ICE and SRK everyday Electric probably will happen when they happen.............or not.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm an all in sucker (#1365), and I'm only here because I can't get Elio to stop emailing me. I'm trying to forget the regretful decision to give Paul Elio $1,000, and I find it comical that people STILL think they will ever see one of these in their driveway. Wake up people-it's never going to happen. Lesson learned for me.

I have been thinking about posting a question for the forum for quite a while. Considering all of the progress that has been made in the last few months when will we get our last whiney, never gonna happen, I wuz robbed, anybody that still believes in Elio is an idiot post. I thought I might be too late and all of the professional pessimists had curled up and died. Not so. I am just going to sit on my stock (which has nearly doubled) and plan trips that I am going to take with #6109

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Let's face it, we live in a paranoid society, and it's been that way since when, the 60's?

One of a human's weakest traits: enjoying telling others "I told you so". It's a very negative, unbecoming trait for sure.

You guys are welcome to your opinion. Sorry that you feel bad and that it's not going to happen. We'll see!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PART 1-Well, ELIO or ARCIMOTO to me is a dream that probably won't happen. Both are blowing smoke, as a good carnival barker, PT Barnum would be proud of..Might as well of reserved a flying car. It would be great if it does. And mind you - I have an all in reservation number that is less than 1/2 of all of the reservations today...I've got 10 grandsons under 13. I figured I'd buy one, order the next, then let the boys get the older one, as soon as I got the next one... But I don't see it happening. My feeling is a 2-3 year old used one would be perfect for a college bound guy. My thinking- Grandpa isn't going to pay for college but I'll provide transportation to get my grandsons to a job to work their way through college. Akin to the VW Bug in the 1960's- Basic transportation, nothing more.. Lot's of college students drove them, delivering pizza to rich kids at the college.

PART 2- If I was ELIO or supreme ruler of the Universe.. That FIRST 100 WOULD NOT GO TO SOME SECRET PREDETERMINED FLEET USE... BUT----
Kind of Like Willie Wonka's Golden Ticket.. By totally random LOTTERY to everyone that was all in prior to build date. If they declined purchase, the unit would go to a reserve lottery pick. Think of the publicity!! Think of the additional reservations!! Willie Wonka at his finest....

BTW- isn't that how it was kind of supposed to work from the beginning?? I don't remember when I made my all in reservation there was a - First 100 exemption..

So who changed the rules and why am I the only one calling them out on it???

That was not part of the contract we agreed to. The basis of getting a reservation was to be put in line. so they would be doled out as built. -- Hello lawyers reading this.......Aren't we all 100 further back in line because someone is taking cuts?

They will make excuses- pre-production testing..Brovo Sierra - 100 is a production. (why not keep going?) GM-FORD-CHRYSLER-et al doesn't have pre-production runs. They get them to market and fix problems after.. its called a RECALL! No ELIO sold someone- 100 and part of the deal was to move them to the front of the line. Wonder what they paid?($6800 each and move to the front of the line) Call it whatever. I call it smoke.. Why not test in the real world with real people... The rich kid moves to the front of the line.. it's called cutting...Who'd they sell -- The Post Office? FEDEX?, FTD?, PIZZA HUT? That will say a lot when we find out. Inquiring minds would like to know. My BET- Post Office- that's where the first SAGWAYS went.

PART 3- I feel like I'm sailing with Christopher Columbus. I can see past the deck, and am not seeing the end of the earth, But I'm seeing the same thing I saw yesterday and the day before..I'm also wondering if I'm not seeing the end of the earth or the new world because we're not moving either. Are we really moving forward? Don't tell me there is wind in our sails, we may be anchored, and you're not telling us. Looking Forward looks just like looking back..At this point all we can do is ride, but we'll be pissed if we don't see the new world soon. In 1492 that would mean you were strung up or had your throat slit A Day later, Columbus might not been noteworthy in history..I recalled a bird landed on the ship giving hope of land near and saved his butt...I also think I'm not the only one thinking..
Hoaaa, where'd that came from? :D

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am reflecting on an old movie from 1988 starring Jeff Bridges. Automotive related and extremely similar to our current Elio situation. The movie was "Tucker". An excellent idea and advancement for the era. I'm afraid we are in a position where history may repeat itself. My outlook for Elio Motors carries no positive feelings what-so-ever at this point. I would quite prefer - rather than being held on a string and handed a bone every few months - Elio: Just give us an honest reply regarding production ...... The population is heavily wavering and honestly the more bones you throw, the less interest you are building for you product. The media is having a hey day (when the "current events editor" needs fill-in space). Don't be a "Tucker". We all want this to succeed - so be honest.
Shut_Your_Mouth_Animated_GIF_Welcome_Brown_Chrome_k_4_zps90b6fb42.gif

To The

1487-star-wars-darth-vader-dark-side-wallpaper-wallchan-1_zpsacff6c11.jpg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm an all in sucker (#1365), and I'm only here because I can't get Elio to stop emailing me. I'm trying to forget the regretful decision to give Paul Elio $1,000, and I find it comical that people STILL think they will ever see one of these in their driveway. Wake up people-it's never going to happen. Lesson learned for me.
Well, losing your 1K doesn't seem so bad than getting a "HALF BAKED" Elio in YOUR TIME FRAME! You at least know that EM is a start up unlike FORD,etc ( with money to boot) don't you?

Top Bottom