• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Production A Long Shot...

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Today we heard about all the changes that have been emplimented to make the engine better. Is that a bad thing? No! It only means that they are striving to build the best (Elio) that they can. It will take longer than any of us want, but in the end We will be glad that they did!

I don't think that's what he was referring to; his full quote is below.

Back in July of 2015, Paul Elio was telling everyone that by mid 2016 they would start production. So, it would be safe to say that when Paul or someone at the company told you something over 2.5 years ago, the plans have changed as of today. We already know the laundry list of items they have told people they were going to do, but have not done.

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I think I have most of you guys beat. I got my 1st scooter (Cushman Highlander) when I was 12 (1950). My dad was a motorcycle dealer selling Indians and Cushmans. Over the years he sold Nortons, Triumphs, BSAs, NSUs, BMWs and Bridgestones. I've ridden all of the above bikes. Right now I have a 1988 Harley FXR and a 1957 Cushman "Iron" Eagle. I have a tiny mini-chopper that I used to ride while tailgating at football games. My dad never sold Harleys but he loved them when he was a young rider. My brother's middle name is Harley. I'm 78 years old and plan to give up the bikes when I get my Elio, SIL #8510.

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I think I have most of you guys beat. I got my 1st scooter (Cushman Highlander) when I was 12 (1950). My dad was a motorcycle dealer selling Indians and Cushmans. Over the years he sold Nortons, Triumphs, BSAs, NSUs, BMWs and Bridgestones. I've ridden all of the above bikes. Right now I have a 1988 Harley FXR and a 1957 Cushman "Iron" Eagle. I have a tiny mini-chopper that I used to ride while tailgating at football games. My dad never sold Harleys but he loved them when he was a young rider. My brother's middle name is Harley. I'm 78 years old and plan to give up the bikes when I get my Elio, SIL #8510.

I got me first scooter when I was 10. It was a Honda Urban Express. I'd pay way too much to buy a good condition one today. That was a great ride! Got pulled over by the cops in that thing when I was 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I got me first scooter when I was 10. It was a Honda Urban Express. I'd pay way too much to buy a good condition one today. That was a great ride! Got pulled over by the cops in that thing when I was 12.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What for? Speeding? :becky:

I got pulled over once on a Honda 305 that had been turned into a chopper (wasn't even my bike).
He thought it was too loud because it only had straight down tubes (kind of C shaped from the head, down, then under then the motor, and ended there.

He didn't hear that it was too loud, he just figured it be too loud because they were so short.
He even stuck his Billy club in the pipe, and could only get up to the first bend; I told him the mufflers were further up the tube.
Hi made me start the bike, and rev it, and couldn't believe it was quiet as it was (he thought it was a Harley I guess).
So he let me go with a warning. (Oh yeah, I was 19, hair down over my shoulders in the early 71)

Top Bottom