• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Production A Long Shot...

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Correction, it's not 1,500 immediately, it's 1,500 eventually, but at start it's 750; enough to fill one shift, once the one shift has it down pat, and the shift is running at full strength, is when they will bring in the other 750, and start the second shift.
I was going by the tweets that 1500 jobs created after one phone call. I didn't realize it was spooling up jobs. Anyone know what that timeline is because I asked Elio a month ago and have not received a response. I just figured someone here knows more than I do.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ATVM loan get them to production and create 1500 jobs immediately. Then the sales will keep them going and then allow them to pay back the loan. As of now, Elio is the best thing going to show that what Trump is doing is right. Getting 1500 instant American jobs that is from an old discarded Big 3 American manufacturer, good for the environment and good for the poor is a way to just shut everyone up and show that Elio is the best thing you can do, short and long term. Trump is going to do this as he wins the acceptance for people on both sides. I'd suspect that by the end of the week, the loan is approved. If it was up to me, I'd just take away the money from some other DOE project that will result in nothing and just give it to Elio. It's a small price to pay for overwhelming success.
Trump hasn't had anything to do with Elio so let's just keep him out of this.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was going by the tweets that 1500 jobs created after one phone call. I didn't realize it was spooling up jobs. Anyone know what that timeline is because I asked Elio a month ago and have not received a response. I just figured someone here knows more than I do.
And you don't think I qualify? Why is that?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Based on your comments so far, just about anyone who's been on here for a while and paid any attention at all knows more than you do.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Correction, it's not 1,500 immediately, it's 1,500 eventually, but at start it's 750; enough to fill one shift, once the one shift has it down pat, and the shift is running at full strength, is when they will bring in the other 750, and start the second shift.

And you don't think I qualify? Why is that?

IMG_0233.jpg

Where are the links to the facts that you always ask of? As far as we know your info is just as non-credible as the next guys.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back in July of 2015, Paul Elio was telling everyone that by mid 2016 they would start production. So, it would be safe to say that when Paul or someone at the company told you something over 2.5 years ago, the plans have changed as of today. We already know the laundry list of items they have told people they were going to do, but have not done.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Back in July of 2015, Paul Elio was telling everyone that by mid 2016 they would start production. So, it would be safe to say that when Paul or someone at the company told you something over 2.5 years ago, the plans have changed as of today. We already know the laundry list of items they have told people they were going to do, but have not done.
".....the plans have changed as of today...." Oh, where can I see that?

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last time it was talked about was by Ty on July 30th, 2015
https://www.elioowners.com/posts/111057/

Will that suffice, or do you need some type of official statement from EM?
That will take a day or two until the people I know there are back in the office.

Ty is a very smart and important part of this forum. Not only has he worked in the industry, but set up parts of this very plant when it was GM. I trust most things that come off of his keyboard! But still, in that link there was no statement from any ranking Elio employee that stated exact hiring numbers. I would like to see an official statement from Elio if you can produce it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
".....the plans have changed as of today...." Oh, where can I see that?
Today we heard about all the changes that have been emplimented to make the engine better. Is that a bad thing? No! It only means that they are striving to build the best (Elio) that they can. It will take longer than any of us want, but in the end We will be glad that they did!

Top Bottom