• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Production A Long Shot...

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first bike.....well...it'll be the model 2018 ELIO or the model 2018 SOLO trike, which ever comes first! Too scared for 2 wheels so I'll settle for 3 plus protection from the elements!:D;)

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started riding in 1965, started racing Speedway in 66 on a Suzuki 250, and the scary part was, No Fear of doing 90 on dirt, I have no idea how many bikes I've owned over the years, minibikes, Harley's new and old (road a 1942 WLA with the stunt team) Hondas, Yamaha's, Kawi's (I hate Kawi 900's too much frame flex) and 1 Corvair power trike flip over; the motor was reversed so it was ahead of the rear axel, and I sat between the carbs, would do wheel stands at 70 by just cranking on the throttle, 2 speed automatic. had to stop riding in 1998, my back just revolted on me; I blew apart 3 disks in my lower back in 1993, had broken my neck before that, paying the price now for all those years of abuse I imposed on myself.
Paying the price now ......but it WAS a helleva ride, wasn't it ? :p

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started riding in 1965, started racing Speedway in 66 on a Suzuki 250, and the scary part was, No Fear of doing 90 on dirt, I have no idea how many bikes I've owned over the years, minibikes, Harley's new and old (road a 1942 WLA with the stunt team) Hondas, Yamaha's, Kawi's (I hate Kawi 900's too much frame flex) and 1 Corvair power trike flip over; the motor was reversed so it was ahead of the rear axel, and I sat between the carbs, would do wheel stands at 70 by just cranking on the throttle, 2 speed automatic. had to stop riding in 1998, my back just revolted on me; I blew apart 3 disks in my lower back in 1993, had broken my neck before that, paying the price now for all those years of abuse I imposed on myself.
....AND LIVED TO TELL THE STORY! :D

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Started off with a Sears 4hp mini bike, then a new 1971 Honda CL100 for my first real motorcycle then in 1974 I bought a new 1974 Sportster XLH1000 because of the TV show Then Came Bronson. I have a 1968 Bronson replica (avatar) owned dozens of bikes over the years. Currently ride a 2013 Honda CB1100.
Tom, here's another one. Right down to the plate used on the show. The 2010 article has a nice picture gallery.

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/c...s/harley-davidson-sportster-then-came-bronson

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Paying the price now ......but it WAS a helleva ride, wasn't it ? :p
If I had it to do all over again, I would, and only change a couple of things.
I did things other people only dream about and wouldn't trade it for anything. I went so many places and did so many different things and loved every minute of it; preform at Expo 86 and got to meet the State sponsored motorcycle stunt team from China; one guy taught me how to ride that inside of the ball (that was insane) multiple bike runs and events, traveled all over. It was the life I lived.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
650vstar16.jpg

And now that I've posted one of my bikes, we can steer the thread back to

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 21262

And now that I've posted one of my bikes, we can steer the thread back to
That little side track on the thread was fun. No harm no foul. I got to post my bike picture too so I am good. Maybe Coss should start a thread on bike pictures, I bet we would get a bunch from all the riders hoping to transition to three wheels.

Top Bottom