• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Solar Eclipse

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, the NASA site is a pretty interesting read. I just pulled the paragraph that seemed relevant to your question. It's a once in a lifetime event, and we're lucky enough not to have to drive anywhere to see it :rockon: , so I'm going to bone up on my "total eclipse" knowledge until then.
it's actually not a once in a lifetime even if you are ready to travel. What is interesting is that it goes across the whole country (lower 48 for those who might take umbrage- TG for spell check)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the first in a series of total eclipses, with a very narrow path.
There are going to be future events with a much wider path, a year or two later.
I have a good spot right where I am, and will watch it from my back yard.
I won't get the best view, but all of the hotels, motels, camp sites, bed and breakfast's have been sold out for some time now just south of here.
Here's the site for future events: https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/future/
You can find a lot of information here: https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
what's the weather forecast in your area during the eclipse ? .... in our part of NC they are forecasting good weather for viewing/photographing the eclipse

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those of us in the northeast, stand by. Another total solar eclipse will occur on April 8th, 2024 with the stripe of totality running pretty much along the US-Canada border from Maine - New Hampshire - Vermont - New York.

I might even have an Elio to drive there.
I will be 85,and I just hope the Elio and I both make it!:p:D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Clear and sunny; the eclipse passes over at 10:15am it will be 95% to 97% here, 100% about 100 miles South of here.
There are no more rental cars to be found anywhere, people are paying fortunes to hotels and camping areas, gas stations are reporting running out of fuel, it's a mess South of here. I'm sitting home, and will be happy with what we get.

Top Bottom