• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2018 Nascar Season Thread

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, it's not the first time Brian has been caught, I think it's like the 4th time.
Jim should be good, he's been around for a while and knows the workings, very even headed guy.
I still think Brian should have to go through the same rehab program the drivers get sent to.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
no cup race this weekend but today's Xfinity race at Road Americal offers a couple interesting things .... first, Awesome Bill from Dawsonville is set to drive the #23 Camaro .... he starts 23rd .... second, the first race for Henry Arms Company to sponsor the # 90 Camaro driven by Andy Lally (never heard of him before) that starts 13th ... the race is scheduled to start at 3PM Eastern on NBCS

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Road America is a huge track, like 4.3 miles in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin (I've been up there a few times when I lived in Indiana) beautiful track, and surround area. Last look, Bill Elliott is running mid pack, and it looks rather funny, his car has the yellow bumper since he is considered rookie to this series. I wish him well, and hope he does good, but he'll be lucky to just finish.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
end of stage 2 .... Henry car lost some spots on the pit stop at the end of stage 1 but recovered to 9th at the end of stage 2 .... Bill bouncing back, up to 22nd

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
congrats to the 7 car driven by Justin Allgiar for taking the checker .... very please with the Henry car that finished 10th .... Bill came in 20th, would have done better if it wasn't for a late spinout

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There were a lot of spins on the last 2 laps, people just pushing to hard on worn out tires.
But yes, congrats to Justin Allgiar, his 4th win of the year, and it puts him 2nd overall.
I wonder how long before we see him in Cup.
And Bill did good, he did get pushed on the 2nd to the last lap, spun, but pulled it back together.
He has been racing sprint cars, so he's just stepping it up a notch, more of a time filler than anything.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the first race in this years Truck Series Playoffs ===> Canadian Tire Motorsport Park .... Sunday, August 26, 2018 2:30 PM ET | FS1

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
SUNDAY, Sept. 2 ... 6 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 (367 laps, 501.3 miles), NBCSN/NBC Sports App

Top Bottom