• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2500 Membership In Sight

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are the spam bots some sort of data miners? or what?
No. They are the ones who poorly write long statements that make litte sense. Usually about weight loss, muscle building, supplements, etc. Also usually, regardless of name, supposedly young women from Vic, NY, USA in their early 20s. Jambe, Turett, I and possibly a few others report them as spam and the moderators remove their posts and their names from our list. We have been getting a lot of them since goofyone left for vacation. Joshua Caldwell said he had to remove 32 of them one night this past week. :-) Z

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No. They are the ones who poorly write long statements that make litte sense. Usually about weight loss, muscle building, supplements, etc. Also usually, regardless of name, supposedly young women from Vic, NY, USA in their early 20s. Jambe, Turett, I and possibly a few others report them as spam and the moderators remove their posts and their names from our list. We have been getting a lot of them since goofyone left for vacation. Joshua Caldwell said he had to remove 32 of them one night this past week. :) Z

Z
Sure wish I knew more computerese, so I could help rid us of these morons. I will keep reporting too.
They are almost as bad as old curmudgeon type guys who expound on every topic like their some kind of expert. ;) not me of course.....:D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are the spam bots some sort of data miners? or what?

spam bots are generated all over the world by computers setup to gain membership in forums, chat rooms, guestbooks, blogs, and such .... once they gain a membership they then allow the computer operator post whatever messages they are trying to disseminate .... since most forums do not allow post from nonmembers, the best way to prevent them is through the membership screening process .... if they aren't approved for membership, they can't cause a problem .... there are various tactics that can be used and how to approach it is up to the forum administrators

Jim

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
spam bots are generated all over the world by computers setup to gain membership in forums, chat rooms, guestbooks, blogs, and such .... once they gain a membership they then allow the computer operator post whatever messages they are trying to disseminate .... since most forums do not allow post from nonmembers, the best way to prevent them is through the membership screening process .... if they aren't approved for membership, they can't cause a problem .... there are various tactics that can be used and how to approach it is up to the forum administrators

Jim
It appears that our administrator has worked on this many times only to have the spam bots over ride the solutions. There is no doubt it runs in spurts. :-) Z

Top Bottom