• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2500 Membership In Sight

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently the CAPCHA or whatever was done to control bots has worked. I don't see near as many fake new users every morning and very few postings by them.
Well done!

Okuma Steve's people also found and implemented a much more advanced anti-spam add-on for the forum and it has definitely made a huge difference as before there was also a bunch of SPAM which ended up in a moderator queue for approval however this new system has been able to weed out nearly all of that as well so nearly nothing slips by or even ends up in that moderator queue. :D

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okuma Steve's people also found and implemented a much more advanced anti-spam add-on for the forum and it has definitely made a huge difference as before there was also a bunch of SPAM which ended up in a moderator queue for approval however this new system has been able to weed out nearly all of that as well so nearly nothing slips by or even ends up in that moderator queue. :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJl4aJvfmAZxd3d_p-dEM9Y4j1KeNOPFQlR5hvNQpn-cbSCaLI.png

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have reached 2600 unless there are some bots in the group. I noticed a couple last night but don't know if they posted. Yeah for elioowners.com! :) Z

I was on a flight to Dallas this morning. Looked up & who did
I see getting on board? Paul Elio! I said Hi Paul where you headed?
He said "Shreveport". (I should have guessed that!) I said #2951.
Didn't bug him during the flight & spent most of it explaining the Elio
Autocycle to my seat neighbor. Could have knocked me over with
a feather though. For a guy that has all the stress he has he looks
well & in good humor. Life's sure funny...... :)

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most reservation holders have likely never even heard of ElioOwners.com as they have to go out and find us. It's up to us to get out there and make them aware of this forum. :)
This may be kind of a 'lock the door behind you' mentality, but can you imagine moderating for 36K members? For the moderators, I would think it would be near impossible. For the members, trying to keep up with everything and to sort through all the redundancies would be daunting. Even with 2600 members, only a few dozen are really active. Any more would probably be overwhelming.
I'm not saying I don't want more people to join, I'm just thinking about the consequences.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This may be kind of a 'lock the door behind you' mentality, but can you imagine moderating for 36K members? For the moderators, I would think it would be near impossible. For the members, trying to keep up with everything and to sort through all the redundancies would be daunting. Even with 2600 members, only a few dozen are really active. Any more would probably be overwhelming.
I'm not saying I don't want more people to join, I'm just thinking about the consequences.

I hear ya! We need people like you on the immigration reform committee! ;)

Top Bottom