• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, that was interesting. Fast response and, it actually sounds pretty good to me! 3d prints can be very expensive sometimes. I EM were to do this you'd get a quality item with the correct geometry, and at a better price than the normal low volume prints, Nice.

Here's their response to me..

Hello Arak!
Thanks for your email, and thanks for all of your support! We check in to see what's going on the board, and we're grateful for all of your great support.
Unfortunately, we cannot authorize you to sell any Elio models, as we have an agreement with a partner, and we are working on something similar. But, we really appreciate you checking with us.
Thanks again!
Best,
The Elio Team

Until then, I can email this 3d graphic I made out to those who want to examine a 3d graphic, such as it is.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is that a change? I understood they were going to raise the roof profile. The gas tank is under the passenger seat so it might be difficult to lower it as well as make it uncomfortable to sit in. No one wants to sit with their knees up to their chins. :) Z
Last summer Jerry Vassallo told me they were going to raise the roof about 2" to improve rear seat headroom

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last summer Jerry Vassallo told me they were going to raise the roof about 2" to improve rear seat headroom
Yes, I think that's been updated to the rear seat being lowered. But we'll see.

Anyway, someone mentioned the DONK, car style.. I just had to do that, see below. If I'm not doing any 3d print I'll instead use my model to visualize some of the after market ideas I hear about. Obviously EM reads this forum, and I just love giving them things to dream about.

3DDonkey.png

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I think that's been updated to the rear seat being lowered. But we'll see.

Anyway, someone mentioned the DONK, car style.. I just had to do that, see below. If I'm not doing any 3d print I'll instead use my model to visualize some of the after market ideas I hear about. Obviously EM reads this forum, and I just love giving them things to dream about.

View attachment 3370
What is DONK car style? I was hoping I would understand by looking and not have to ask. LOL No such luck. :-) Z

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really big wheels equal greater weight, greater cost, greater steering effort at low speeds, and greater rolling resistance. Sure you want to go that route?
lol, well it's good you don't take it too seriously here on the EO forums. Currently there are not too many here who view this with much interest. As for me I recognized the diversity that people desire. I just think the Elio lends itself nicely as a canvas for anything people want to make of it. Therefore, it's inevitable, there WILL be a Elio-DONK one day. So be it, I'd like them to put a deposit down now, rather than later. So I don't mind encouraging them.

Now on the other hand, even though my adult self would never do this, the little boy in me kind of likes it. :cool:
Elio3D_Donk.png

To reach out to the DONK drivers of the world I put it here, even has a 3d view button there.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u52558fac-bd39-4f41-9b96-dd7b69156dc5
These were 28in wheels, I don't think 30in would look better, and probably would hit the body in extreme turns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom