• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:)
Here's a Blender tutorial I did about a year ago. Just ran across it cleaning out the random crap that accumulates on my computer. It was my first attempt, but the software does a pretty good job at making objects look realistic.
Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

Very nice! Yes, I think it will be very useful to have something we can look at from blender.
I think it gets especially interesting where it involves mods and accessories. We can even make a cut-away view if I complete an interior. Do variations to the dash, alternative colors and wraps, a fire-chief version, ( batman or or 007 or men-in-black :) ) , etc etc. on and on.

Definitely we'll have to try some of that. Just have to get this basic exterior geometry done.

So speaking of which, GO, can you get permission for the use of this commercially? Otherwise we can only 'trade' this amongst the membership informally. Then DSott can formally order his keychain lol.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I meant more about using the Elio design. Looking at it as either artwork or patentable hardware, they have rights.

Gotcha. Might be a problem. Still going to try and 'Blender' one up though. Like you said earlier, it would be a fantastic tool for creating and viewing aftermarket mods! Once you've got the original completed (the hard part), the mods will should be comparatively simple. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!:)

Last edited:

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will the top view of the Elio in a parking lot help at all? There is one posted on here somewhere. :) Z
3 sides plus...

Attachments

• P1080240.JPG
    P1080240.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 429

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3 sides plus...
Thanks Scott, that actually was helpfull. I had to guess at the exact shadow line, but your image confirmed I got it right. Perfect.

A sharper detail would be helpful. Or a URl where that came from. Or even email me the file.
a+r+a+k_l+e+a+(AT)+h+o+t+m+a+i+l+.+c+o+m
takeout the+. replace(at) with @
Thanks again!

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Scott, that actually was helpfull. I had to guess at the exact shadow line, but your image confirmed I got it right. Perfect.

A sharper detail would be helpful. Or a URl where that came from. Or even email me the file.
a+r+a+k_l+e+a+(AT)+h+o+t+m+a+i+l+.+c+o+m
takeout the+. replace(at) with @
Thanks again!

Just looked at it again, and it appears to be a picture of a picture on a TV monitor. See if you can get it directly from Elio Motors. That'd make a cool poster for my garage wall!

Top Bottom