• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/16/2014 Production Update From Paul Elio

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been following Elio Motors for about six months now and this is the first and only confirmed schedule slip in that time.

Back in December of 2013 when I first became aware of Elio Motors the production date given was first or second quarter of 2015. They said they were hoping for the first quarter however it was only a hope and the second quarter was a real possibility. There is even a video of Paul Elio stating this directly at CES at the begriming of January.

Today they did announce a delay however it was only for a single quarter from the previous estimate so now 3rd quarter instead of 2nd quarter. Personally I was already prepared for the possibility of a delays as putting together an entire car company is not an easy thing to do. I am actually pleased and excited that this delay was only for a single quarter instead of much longer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It gets here when it gets here...........3rd quarter 2015 is a realistic production schedule......providing they don't end up pushing it out to 2016. Elio will be dead to me if he does that! I've been following their progress for 6 years and quite frankly didn't think they would get this far. Patience and supportive until 3rd quarter 2015 then hell raise if it's not ready to roll!

emt1581

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to drive one, but I honestly could care less how far they push the release date back. Keep the OTD price near $7K (aside from taxes) and release a QUALITY vehicle that doesn't have a bunch of issues/recalls/etc. Few things piss me off more than when something is rushed to production and then doesn't work!!

So take your sweet time Paul....but your vehicle had better be the bees knees out of the hive! Otherwise it could mean crash and burn in more ways than one.

-Emt1581

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe because I work in design for construction related projects, I'm not so bothered, no timeline is ever accurate, and they never finish early. There is a constant push from owners and those in charge to give unrealistic timelines, and things just slide from there. Only during the final stage of design, which can be years after initial design, is there a realistic construction timeline given, and even then, that timeline usually slips a little.

My only concern for getting this Elio built is that a lot of the general public actually expect these Elio build date projections to be accurate, and since the Elio needs momentum and good will from the public to get this to production, the continued delays will erode public confidence.

no jumping off bridge.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been following Elio Motors for about six months now and this is the first and only confirmed schedule slip in that time.

Back in December of 2013 when I first became aware of Elio Motors the production date given was first or second quarter of 2015. They said they were hoping for the first quarter however it was only a hope and the second quarter was a real possibility. There is even a video of Paul Elio stating this directly at CES at the begriming of January.

Today they did announce a delay however it was only for a single quarter from the previous estimate so now 3rd quarter instead of 2nd quarter. Personally I was already prepared for the possibility of a delays as putting together an entire car company is not an easy thing to do. I am actually pleased and excited that this delay was only for a single quarter instead of much longer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Your 6 months to my six years..........no comparison......almost newbie stage in the process of following a vehicle concept from conception to birth.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am still confident enough that if they offered the option of paying for the Elio upfront, I'd be willing to make my payments to have it paid in full on pickup. Maybe old age hasn't made me any smarter, but it has given me enough confidence to stand behind my decisions. In for a penny, in for a pound.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
We all most keep in mind that what Elio Motors is doing is not just taking a vehicle from concept to production but also building an entire infrastructure to facilitate the sales, production, distribution, delivery, and support of these vehicles. Just taking a vehicle from concept to full production vehicle is not an easy task at all but doing everything else it takes to make the company successful while meeting the four goals, and delivering a vehicle people want to buy, is truly an amazing feat which very few have even attempted and even fewer have succeeded at doing.

Top Bottom