• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/16/2014 Production Update From Paul Elio

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"We have assessed the equipment needs of our plant in Shreveport, La., and expect to be prepared for production in the third quarter of 2015."

Shoot me. Shoot me now. :eek:
So from the 4th quarter of 2013, middle of 2014 , end of 2014, 1st quarter of 2015, now 3rd quarter of 2015, then what quarter of what year will be next?.. Just the fact that he keeps changing should tell us they Paul Elio has no idea of what hell he is doing.

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We all most keep in mind that what Elio Motors is doing is not just taking a vehicle from concept to production but also building an entire infrastructure to facilitate the sales, production, distribution, delivery, and support of these vehicles. Just taking a vehicle from concept to full production vehicle is not an easy task at all but doing everything else it takes to make the company successful while meeting the four goals, and delivering a vehicle people want to buy, is truly an amazing feat which very few have even attempted and even fewer have succeeded at doing.
You keep being a believer, one day you will have to admit to yourself Paul elio is not a hero , he's a damn fool and it's showing more and more everytime he speaks , changes years and months for production. He's 65 years old and will die of old age before this happens. The question is what prison will he living when this climaxes?

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You keep being a believer, one day you will have to admit to yourself Paul elio is not a hero , he's a damn fool and it's showing more and more everytime he speaks , changes years and months for production. He's 65 years old and will die of old age before this happens. The question is what prison will he living when this climaxes?

WoW, what in the world brought you to this particular forum? Cautious, I understand, but seems to me that you are more towards the "the sky is falling" type... Being from Scottsdale, maybe you know Paul Elio personally and are better in tune with his thoughts than the rest of us but I, for one, believe you are wrong. I am 100% behind the concept, and if I have to wait a few months, so be it.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: is truly an amazing feat which very few have even attempted and even fewer have succeeded at doing.

This is a boiler plate 'due diligence' list for a private placement:

http://www.venturelawcorp.com/sample_due_diligence_checklist.pdf

It is just the beginning of a complex & time consuming process where all the I's & all the T's are dotted & crossed multiple times. More of these collapse than are funded. Saying all that there is a whole lot of common sense & studied preparation at play with Elio & critics aside Mr Elio knows what he is doing & has put a substantial sum of his own money where his heart is................ :)

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WoW, what in the world brought you to this particular forum? Cautious, I understand, but seems to me that you are more towards the "the sky is falling" type... Being from Scottsdale, maybe you know Paul Elio personally and are better in tune with his thoughts than the rest of us but I, for one, believe you are wrong. I am 100% behind the concept, and if I have to wait a few months, so be it.
If you think that is negative read the one I
I don't have a t or sticker yet. What have we seen so far? Two made over Geo metros, one silver, one orange, a picture of a blue p4 on the velocity channel which the color was probably photo shopped just like the other colored ones on their web page ( has anyone else wondered why they have not shown them anywhere), evidence of a chop shop in MI with some discarded body pannels in back of a building my uncle estimates is about 400 square feet with one overhead door, some polishing of a red body mock up, a few 30 second news spots where either an Elio rep or Paul Elio repeats the same moving wind speech. A list of vendors who agreed to produce parts but have not made the first one including the motor, one man saying he would guarantee a lease in LA, a named factory foreman who has withdrawn, after years only 17,000 reservations about 25 % of them with all in down payment, pictures that Elio has made public of model work up being one man in a small cluttered space welding a frame ( probably being the little dump described by my uncle ), 3 or 4 different style of t shirts, and showing of a product without any Elio mechanical parts. Now the 7 or 8 million dollars Elio has received from deposits is enough to cover everything they have done including the pay of the x Walmart people/reps at the parking lot shows including the salary of the one person who is production number , t shirt mailer, investment, etc person, retail centers that have no signs of coming to be, a $6800 price Elio keeps advertising but admits they can't reach at the same time, and lets not forget every accounting person who has looked at the Elio fiance and business plan has laughed it off and still does on all the reports..Did I miss anything?. Now you list the positives please !!! If this sounds like your three card person , it isn't but he has told me this and is here with me. Uncle M has paid his grand and his his number , he gave me the thousand to get mine reserved also. At this point he thinks Elio is grasping for air. He also thinks that the bs we have been handed is the same they have told lenders and investors. It all goes back to when they claimed they could get 200,000 people to reserve with a 1000 dollar deposit .Elio also boldy stated they will build and sell 250,000 units a year. We are dealing with a few dreamers ego-ssss. Finally let's not forget the credit card option they keep advertising but have admitted in an email I have copied and pasted on this site where we were told they stopped advertising it but have not. Another scheme to get deposits and that one from those who really cant a afford to lose.
Last edited: 28 minutes ago
Debbie Bruce, 41 minutes ago Edit Delete Report
#12 Reply
Show Ignored Content
Page 2 of 2
< Prev 1 2

Roberto Benitez

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A bit disappointed. But, taking some stock on the latest releases, I feel more confident that it will get built.

I shall follow Eric Idle's advice and look on the bright side....generally time flyies entirely too fast for me. I have many projects overdue, and the anticipation of going to pickup my Elio will--at least in my gulliver--slow things down to get some stuff done.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We all most keep in mind that what Elio Motors is doing is not just taking a vehicle from concept to production but also building an entire infrastructure to facilitate the sales, production, distribution, delivery, and support of these vehicles. Just taking a vehicle from concept to full production vehicle is not an easy task at all but doing everything else it takes to make the company successful while meeting the four goals, and delivering a vehicle people want to buy, is truly an amazing feat which very few have even attempted and even fewer have succeeded at doing.
Hello goofyone. Been sitting here nursing my glass of wine and reflecting on Paul Elio's note to his "followers?" Must say that I TOTALLY AGREE with KenK's sentiments as to the time line being dragged farther and farther away by the day. Kinda of reminders me of the "half life" of nuclear radiation. . . . . , ALWAYS reduced by half, the end NEVR COMES! I think the Elio is somewhat like Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy for adults; I stopped believing in them many, MANY years ago. Well, I've said from the get go, that I didn't mind wasting the $1000 dollars; at my age, looking back, the $1000 dollars doesn't have much meaning for me. IT'S the fact that we are ALL being fed a line of crap. Being lied too. That's what hurts the most. The "kids" here probably still believe in those "myths" that I spoke of earlier in this note, and for them, they will continue to follow like blind sheep. But I think I'm seeing the creation of yet another MYTH. Paul Elio has put yet another nail in the coffin, perhaps the last nail, of the Elio. It is my belief after his announcement today, that he, WE will now see a decline in both the interest and the number of new "sign ups." Good luck guys. It will one become "fun," a bit of a game to watch his world unravel. And that's a wrap. :-(

Larry Rymal

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well............... I still want to think this will happen. The time sounds more realistic to me. Remember, before release, the first X number of completed units will have to be road-tuned as well. I recall the Chevy Cruse and also the Chevy Volt was road tested for about six months before GM was satisfied.

OK, I'm 65 now. I'd like to have my Elio before I turn 70.

Top Bottom