• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/16/2014 Production Update From Paul Elio

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All I see here is a lot of rabble rousing. I'm still a believer in the elio. I am sure he wrote that letter himself which I find very satisfying. I give him a lot of credit because he is turning his dream into a reality. He is not sitting at his computer putting down some else and their product unlike some people on this forum. He has 2 running prototypes, a partnership with pep boys, a hold on factory space, and a team of staff that was able to get exemptions for laws to favor their product. That's a lot better than most of us could have done on our own. Props to Paul and I'm glad for the update. I am happy to put down some money and if I lose it, so be it but I have confidence that one day I will be driving an elio.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I expected the DELAY (no way they could build "18 to 26 vehicles" and do testing by the end of 2014!); but I just don't 'buy' the REASONS. First a 6-9 month delay (June of 2014 to 1st Qtr 2015) because of a 'lawsuit' that was settled in 2 months. Now another 6 months (1 Qtr 2015 to 3rd Qtr 2015) for "assessed the equipment needs" & "the evaluation of the plant"; when they have known what equipment was there 1 1/2 years ago, and for the past year have said that their 'expert engineers' were working on the Plant Requirements, back in Michigan. THERE IS MUCH MORE GOING ON...... THAN WE ARE BEING TOLD!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I expected the DELAY (no way they could build "18 to 26 vehicles" and do testing by the end of 2014!); but I just don't 'buy' the REASONS. First a 6-9 month delay (June of 2014 to 1st Qtr 2015) because of a 'lawsuit' that was settled in 2 months. Now another 6 months (1 Qtr 2015 to 3rd Qtr 2015) for "assessed the equipment needs" & "the evaluation of the plant"; when they have known what equipment was there 1 1/2 years ago, and for the past year have said that their 'expert engineers' were working on the Plant Requirements, back in Michigan. THERE IS MUCH MORE GOING ON...... THAN WE ARE BEING TOLD!
Ah, but we are being told much more than any other company is telling us. That is part of the adventure. I love it. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like everyone bailed out on us and went off to bed. . . . . , bed. . . . . , such a waste of time. :p
My back always celebrates when I finally go to bed. It always feels so good to lie down. Some times it feels like each vertebra is sighing with relief. Finally she is letting us rest. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom