• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

6/3/14 - Yahoo Finance -

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
So does 85% mean in terms of number of parts. Then yes 40 bolts + 1 head, 1 intake, 1 block = 43 parts (keeping it simple). 40/43 is 93%.....

This is exactly what I was trying to point out. You stated earlier that the 85% number could not possibly be true but now you just gave an example of how it could be true. As long as there is a scenario where the claim is true then they are not lying about it. You are not wrong either however you are trying to compare apples and oranges as you are adding things up in a different way. This is how good marketing works, you don't have to lie just find the scenario where your claims are valid.

By the way I am not saying marketing is not absurd sometimes but it does help to understand that good marketers will not lie but instead make words work for them in interesting ways. In the end Elio Motors is trying to sell cars so anything they put out has to be understood within the context of marketing.

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Goofyone - I agree, but many people don't understand marketing. There is often word trickery in it.....

....but it all depends on how you look at it

Marketing also means you need to say it in terms that your target will understand. If it had been worded Technically correct, many of us would need to have our attorney explain it. Wouldn't that be cool if car commercials were more like "pharmaceutical" adds?....5 seconds about the car, and 25 seconds to protect themselves from legal liability? *

* Disclaimer: The views expressed in this comment are not necessarily shared by the management. :D

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't hope the plan for any religion?

There's a sucker born every minute, and thus the priesthood caste exists.

Moderator Comment: Let's try and stay away from religious commentary as this is an Elio forum and there are other much more appropriate venues for discussing that topic.

Top Bottom