• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

62 Year Old Autocycle

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's the method Edd on Wheeler Dealers use on the second top after he cracked the first one by using a small power saw and made the mistake of not fully supporting the back side of it, and the wrong saw blade, It must have taken forever grinding it.

THE PICTURE IS FROM A FACTORY MANUAL . THEY GROUND THEM TO FIT BACK IN THE DAY .
THIS IS WELL KNOWN IN MESSERSCHMITT CIRCLES . COULD HAVE SAVED EDD A LOT OF GRIEF !

HERE IS ANOTHER NO-NO . BRUCE WEINER HAD TWO STACKS OF DOMES FOR SALE AT HIS 2007 SHOW .
THEY LEFT THEM OUT IN THE GEORGIA SUN ALL DAY . WHEN THEY WENT TO SEPARATE THEM ,
THEY WERE FUSED TOGETHER ! IT RUINED THE WHOLE STACK . WISH I HAD ONE OF THEM NOW ...........

YOU CAN SEE THEM AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS VIDEO MY DAUGHTER MADE .
MY TWO ISETTAS ARE AT THE END .

I'll admit: when I first started watching the video, I kept wondering why someone was mowing the grass in the middle of a car show!

Last edited:

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Third goes to the Peel 50 - only because of it's rarity. ;)

The Peel 50 got a mention on National Public Radio last weekend, on the NPR News Quiz "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!" It was a fake answer to a question as to what lasting legacy did British politician Robert Peel made.

(The fake answer was that he developed and sold the Peel 50, which didn't have a reverse gear. The REAL answer was that he organized the London police department, which is why British police are called "bobbies")

Magnafique

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am happy to tell you that my Bride of 50 years toughed it out for 10 and a half weeks in the hospital after Surgeons negligently left loose wires in her chest after open heart surgery over two months ago, and is now home with Home Health keeping an eye on her. She was taken by ambulance from an Oregon Coast Hospital to Portland with an IV drip going. The wires became exposed at the bottom of her incision and the surgeon himself pulled two of them out of her after which he stated "What the hell are these doing here" ??? Then about 3 days later I found a third wire and it was removed with lots of force bringing flesh with it and great pain to my wife. The wires caused a staff aureus infection, endangering her new heart valves and her life. because of this infection my wife has had a constant drip of antibiotics for 7 SEVEN WEEKS around the clock. She has just been through Hell and survived and is now learning to walk and working on her breathing. I was with her every day... I have contacted a Law firm to sue the Hospital for all of the pain that my bride had to endure. They say we have a good case. Wow this is just crazy scary stuff????? Thanks for reading, it is great therapy for me!!!....................... Magnafique

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am happy to tell you that my Bride of 50 years toughed it out for 10 and a half weeks in the hospital after Surgeons negligently left loose wires in her chest after open heart surgery over two months ago, and is now home with Home Health keeping an eye on her. She was taken by ambulance from an Oregon Coast Hospital to Portland with an IV drip going. The wires became exposed at the bottom of her incision and the surgeon himself pulled two of them out of her after which he stated "What the hell are these doing here" ??? Then about 3 days later I found a third wire and it was removed with lots of force bringing flesh with it and great pain to my wife. The wires caused a staff aureus infection, endangering her new heart valves and her life. because of this infection my wife has had a constant drip of antibiotics for 7 SEVEN WEEKS around the clock. She has just been through Hell and survived and is now learning to walk and working on her breathing. I was with her every day... I have contacted a Law firm to sue the Hospital for all of the pain that my bride had to endure. They say we have a good case. Wow this is just crazy scary stuff????? Thanks for reading, it is great therapy for me!!!....................... Magnafique
Glad to hear she survived. Wires, huh? Usually it's sponges. Someone forgot to bring a checklist into the operating room.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am happy to tell you that my Bride of 50 years toughed it out for 10 and a half weeks in the hospital after Surgeons negligently left loose wires in her chest after open heart surgery over two months ago, and is now home with Home Health keeping an eye on her.

WOW , MAGNA . THAT IS QUITE A STORY . I CAN'T SAY I HAVE BEEN THERE .
MY WIFE GOT SOME OF THE BEST CARE OUT THERE & IT WAS TOUGH , BUT NOTHING LIKE THAT .

IT IS GREAT TO HEAR SHE IS GETTING PAST ALL OF THAT MISERY . I WOULD SAY YOU HAVE A PRETTY
GOOD MALPRACTICE CASE , I JUST HATE TO HEAR WHAT SHE HAS BEEN THROUGH .

WISHING YOU BOTH A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR !

DSC_0204.JPG

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WELL GUYS , THE KR-175 HAS BEEN SOLD .
IT WILL BE HEADING TO A NEW HOME IN ILLINOIS THIS WEEK .

I HATE TO SEE IT GO BUT IT DOES CLEAR THE WAY FOR TWO OTHER
MESSERSCHMITTS TO HAVE THEIR DAY SO THIS IS PROGRESS !

I PLAN TO DO A NICE RESTORATION ON THE '55 KR-200 .
I MAY BE SELLING THE '63 CABRIO KR-200 WHEN THE '55 COMES ON LINE .

THE TG-500 WILL BE PAINTED SOON AND THAT WILL BE ANOTHER THREAD .
THESE CARS LOOK FANTASTIC IN TURQUOISE .

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
WELL GUYS , THE KR-175 HAS BEEN SOLD .
IT WILL BE HEADING TO A NEW HOME IN ILLINOIS THIS WEEK .

I HATE TO SEE IT GO BUT IT DOES CLEAR THE WAY FOR TWO OTHER
MESSERSCHMITTS TO HAVE THEIR DAY SO THIS IS PROGRESS !

I PLAN TO DO A NICE RESTORATION ON THE '55 KR-200 .
I MAY BE SELLING THE '63 CABRIO KR-200 WHEN THE '55 COMES ON LINE .

THE TG-500 WILL BE PAINTED SOON AND THAT WILL BE ANOTHER THREAD .
THESE CARS LOOK FANTASTIC IN TURQUOISE .
I bet that felt like a giant relief when funds cleared the bank.
Did you get anywhere near what you were asking for it?

Top Bottom