• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

7/15/2015 -- Gas2 -- Fishy Investors, New Tenants Bad News For Elio Motors

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
meh we skipped the carousel and went for the flume ride :D.

My wife loves the Whipper the most from the 1920's. I am a fan of the Italian Swings Bumper Cars and big train ride deep into the woods with actual deer eating off the table made for them.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
meh we skipped the carousel and went for the flume ride :D.

My wife loves the Whipper the most from the 1920's. I am a fan of the Italian Swings Bumper Cars and big train ride deep into the woods with actual deer eating off the table made for them.
Is the Whipper the skyride there? great views if you're not afraid of heights...

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
no the sky ride is something completely different. the Whipper you sit in a cart pull the bar back and travel in an oval as you whip around the oval ends

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
no the sky ride is something completely different. the Whipper you sit in a cart pull the bar back and travel in an oval as you whip around the oval ends
Ok, I've been there about 4 times now, but I don't remember the ride names. That place just ooozes nostalgia, I like the hand powered trains the kids use, I guess modern lawsuits haven't caught up with that place yet..

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember those rides, where I grew up it was called "Crack the Whip"
When I knew people that ran the rides they used to let us go through the ride went it was done and pick up all the loose change that would be in the crack of the seat. We could make an easy $20 to $30 bucks in a night :becky: <ahh those were the days :thumb:>

SummerSnow

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It's a minor thing, but saying " Elio will partner with Comau to build the trikes" is like saying your local mechanic will partner with Snap On Tools to repair your car.
Although it is part marketing buzzword, Elio has some merit to their "partner" term. They are about the companies cooperating and working together, talking together in meetings, instead of the standard compartmentalized business model. This is one way that Paul Elio hopes to drive down costs and it's a large draw for the manufactures as well. Elio talked about it in his Saint Francis University speech:

Skip to 12min, 20sec for that part (start time doesn't seem to work for the imbedded media).

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Update on Jo Borass dialogue. I won't be pursuing this, but it speaks volumes as to this alleged reporter's maturity and fair-mindedness.

When I took Mr. Borass to task for biased reporting, he replied. I tried to engage him in a dialogue, and this is what happened.

Me: @mojojojoborras @ElioMotors You've been following this all along. Don't single source stories. Lease data public info for months.

Borass: @erichatch I have, and if you've been following it, too then why do you still think@ElioMotors will build cars?

Me: @mojojojoborras @ElioMotors If you'd like to have a conversation about this, I'll be happy to talk. 513 494 2625 will reach me EDT biz hours

Borass: no response

Me: @mojojojoborras @liomotors Looking forward to a friendly talk with you re why I think EM will make it. Ball's in your court.

Borass: @erichatch @eliomotors. Weirdo.

Me: @mojojojoborras @eliomotors Mr. Borass, you asked me a question. I am prepared to answer it, and you call me a weirdo? WTF?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
A reporter that calls one of his readers Weirdo; now there's a class act NOT!!!

This guy can't be bothered with details, facts or truths; he just wants readers that will blindly follow him and believe his word as gospel.

You ought to see if there is anyone else in the media that has a bad view of him and send your conversation to them; they could have a field day with it.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A reporter that calls one of his readers Weirdo; now there's a class act NOT!!!

This guy can't be bothered with details, facts or truths; he just wants readers that will blindly follow him and believe his word as gospel.

You ought to see if there is anyone else in the media that has a bad view of him and send your conversation to them; they could have a field day with it.
Do I want to sink to his level? Well, maybe!

Top Bottom