• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$7300 Final Price

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Except this IS a big deal.
Currently, we are already out $1000. No matter what, car or no car, we're not getting that back.
Now if we commit, we have committed to spending $7000 on something, but we don't know what. As long as ELIO sells SOMETHING that resembles a car, we are committed to buying it for $7000. It may get 30 MPG. It may be electric. It may have 4 or 2 wheels. It may be a glorified moped, but we are going to buy it for $7000.
And it may have steel body panels! Elio can't yet tell us what will/will not constitute the final salable product - yet they expect a commitment? Haven't seen anything like this sincr the days of the former USSR?

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see that you have been on this ride long enough not to believe what you just wrote is going to happen. Where is this negativity coming from?
Perhaps not 'negativity'...perhaps waiting to see a final salable product. Elio has changed course on several aspects of their proposed autocycle. Nothing...repeat NOTHING is set in stone with this project.

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a good one; when I try to sign the commitment, it comes back and says:
View attachment 10972

Ummm WRONG!!!! I was All In in 2013

Maybe it is because I have such an early deposit, their system doesn't go back that far.

No Matter; they will be hearing from me when they get back from lunch.
Coss, see what I'm talking about now? You have been 'lost' in the Elio system. Hope you get it worked out. They should give you a double bonus for all the 'good works' you have provided Elio Motors on this forum alone!

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, you'll do what you think is right. but if you want to increase the odds of actually seeing that car in your driveway before 2018, you can absorb the extra risk and help Elio prove that market demand is real.
We shouldn't be asked to '...prove market demand is real...' On a cobbled together (nicely) prototype...One where the windows don't function, the gauges aren't hooked up, the wipers don't function, ETC, ETC, ETC! Ask me to commit to a finished product - that is FULLY functional and road worthy/street legal. AND...don't switch to steel body panels (or I'll just laugh).

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there anything about Elio that has said it will be a squeaky rattley, barely drivable car (other than that R&T fiasco, and that was a prototype)? So far, EM has made consistent claims that they want this car to be fully competitive on a quality basis with anything out there -- and that's smart, because cheap crap = Yugo, and they would lose their butts if they produced one of those! Yes, they COULD do that, but they're not insane. In fact, they have pretty high standards ... so I think the quality risk is a windmill, not a real dragon.
NICE reference!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We shouldn't be asked to '...prove market demand is real...' On a cobbled together (nicely) prototype...One where the windows don't function, the gauges aren't hooked up, the wipers don't function, ETC, ETC, ETC! Ask me to commit to a finished product - that is FULLY functional and road worthy/street legal. AND...don't switch to steel body panels (or I'll just laugh).
The DOE is requiring Elio to prove market demand as a condition fir the ATVM loan. "Shouldn't" has nothing to do with it.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To everyone who is opposed to or questioning a purchase commitment, are you really that picky about an insanely affordable economy commuter vehicle? So what if the panels are metal and eventually rust or there are a few rattles or the seat isn't that comfortable or whatever other quibbles you might have. At this price point, I wouldn't complain unless the engines just quit after 36k miles or the wheels fell off. The rest I can fix with maintenance and upgrades. It really seems like some are expecting way too much for their ~$7k. The fit and finish will definitely not be comparable to a high end Mercedes. If it's even as well built as something like a Toyota Yaris, I'll be exstatic.

And Stephen, they have legally committed to a base price of $7000 for those who formally commit to a purchase. Trying to skirt that by hiding a price increase in higher than standard fees, let alone raising the price outright, would break the contract.

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The DOE is requiring Elio to prove market demand as a condition fir the ATVM loan. "Shouldn't" has nithing to do with it.
'o' kay then......'Proving' something like 'demand' of a (as of this date) non-existent product - to a US government agency..."You like apples? How do you like them apples?" Good luck with that...really.

Top Bottom