• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$7300 Final Price

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To everyone who is opposed to or questioning a purchase commitment, are you really that picky about an insanely affordable economy commuter vehicle? So what if the panels are metal and eventually rust or there are a few rattles or the seat isn't that comfortable or whatever other quibbles you might have. At this price point, I wouldn't complain unless the engines just quit after 36k miles or the wheels fell off. The rest I can fix with maintenance and upgrades. It really seems like some are expecting way too much for their ~$7k. The fit and finish will definitely not be comparable to a high end Mercedes. If it's even as well built as something like a Toyota Yaris, I'll be exstatic.
Are you asking anyone in particular? Or, are you just 'throwing it out there'?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
if EM or any other business/group/whatever wants to qualify for any type of government service, they have to follow whatever rules are made by the government entity .... right, wrong, or indifferent, if/when the agency changes anything during the approval process, the applicant has to conform if they want the service .... the good news to me is EM is still in the running for the loan guarantee .... they have no choice but to comply with the conditions placed on them and these latest releases indicate they are trying to do so ...

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was a general comment, but feel free to answer.
My main concern is Elio has not 'locked-in'. Anything and everything are still open to change. I will make a decision that involves my $ when the salable product has been finalized through pre-pilot and pilot production. Not before then.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have locked in the price for all-in reservation holders (legally binding if they ever actually sell production vehicles), but you're right that the details of the product itself can change to a certain degree. Although, even if they only provide the minimum quality vehicle that's just barely close enough to their advertised claims to not void the contract, it will be well worth the $7000 price just on the basis of cost efficiency compared to any other car on the road. Maybe it's that I'm just not very picky about my vehicles, but all of those details seem rather trivial in comparison to the primary functional value of the vehicle: Getting me to work and back as cheaply as possible every day.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see the $1000 All-In as put up your money, and you can still walk away. ($1000 lighter)

Binding commitment is commitment to put up another $6000 and take delivery of an Elio.

From my other post...

It's pretty simple for anyone who is 'committed' should you not be able to perform on it, you can just simply sell your reservation. It's a transferable entity.
I mean, you've got a locked in price plus your prepaid money is in there, plus your discounts! , who, what new buyer, wouldn't want to get an option for that?

Sometimes people, it isn't all that complex, really!

We ferretted that out a long time ago from the idea of buying friends and family a gift reservation. There is no reason that can't be for a 'future' new friend.

Edited: I posted an email to EM asking if I can designate who is to be the owner of the vehicle I have reserved. I have three and one was targeted to my daughter. I reminded them that gifting a reservation was part of the original premise for some of us.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the reality is, EM will either go into production or they will not .... if they don't, reservations and other commitments to buy are totally irrelevant .... if they do, a reservation holder now has the opportunity to lock in a $7,000 price for the base vehicle .... the quote below is copied from the agreement EM is asking folks to make if they ware willing to declare that they will purchase an Elio if it goes into production :

"Agreement to accept modification to standard terms and conditions

Paragraphs 2 and 6 of the standard terms and conditions are hereby modified to provide that I am agreeing to purchase a base model vehicle for $7,000 excluding destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, options/installation and any other fees. While maintaining my present place in line for delivery, I understand that currently there is no definite date set for production or delivery of my vehicle."

speaking only for us, we would never have made a nonrefundable reservation if we were committed to buying an Elio .... because I have no concern that when they get into production, the Elio will have 3 wheels, in line seating, one door .... in short it will continue the design evolution that has been going on since the introduction of the first prototype .... I'm content to let them pick the building components that they believe will allow them to produce the best possible product

Top Bottom