• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$7300 Final Price

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those of you interested, the June 2016 ATVM loan guidelines that Elio cites in its email is here: http://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2016/06/f33/Guidance_for_Potential_ATVM_Applicants_June2016.pdf

If you read the third paragraph on page 7, you can see where DOE clearly states that an offtake agreement (contract between a producer and a buyer for the buyer to purchase all or a portion of the producer's goods) provides a high level of confidence that adequate future sales can be achieved in the absence of a demonstrated sales history. That "high level of confidence" language is a direct requirement for the market analysis part of the loan application. The guideline also says the loan program officer is ready to discuss with the applicant its proposed approach to giving DOE this high level of confidence.

My take? Elio saw this language, determined that an offtake agreement with committed buyers would give DOE that high level of confidence, and discussed it with the LPO and got tacit approval. Hence, the commitment email from Elio.

The upshot? Elio Motors is very close to getting its ATVM loan.

Eliosio

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's even better when you consider that we've had 9% inflation since 2011!
65000 ($1000) all in = 2018...maybe.
And you guys thought the cruise control was going to be free.

I am committed for $7000.00,but I am wondering if the % off early discount was just signed away too !
Either way I still want My Elio.
Good point about signing away your early discount. I'm waiting for the BOGO deal...

Eliosio

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is worth saying again! I did not understand at first,,, second,,,,, and third time I read the letter. But I kept wondering what's the difference in "all in, non-refundable" and "Binding". Well,, it's $300.00!!
DO IT!!!
Elio is showing some 'love' with the guaranteed price and price reduction for a commitment. I may have to commit. I wonder if the fed govt would go after all those that committed and reneged?

Eliosio

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a given. But, what happens if someone is willing to commit to buying an Elio but not quite sure he will buy the other 3 that he put deposits on IF the Elio ends up being not what he expected? Can he not commit to buying one and "probably" buy the other 3?
Good point. The govt can come with pollution regs requiring devices and changes that could turn the Elio into a 3-wheeled slug. (I'm sure the catalytic converter producers would never push the govt to do that, or the greenie meanies looking to save the earth, etc)

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am committed on two vehicles

Why are people afraid to commit to the elio deal? They committed to a marriage didn't they?

I would rather commit to the elio than to a marriage.

I have two reservations as well but I'm not sure if I committed to both or only one. I went to the link, identified myself, checked all the boxes and "electronically signed" it but I saw no reference to whether this was a commitment for one or both of my reservations.

Did you find or do something different or do you think that by doing the commitment that all reservations get automatically committed?

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I "committed" to an Elio when I put down a non refundable $1000 deposit. I'm good with whatever design changes that they feel they need to make to bring a quality vehicle to market. This was an easy decision, and now I know what I'll be paying. (Still looking forward to taking the Texas Eagle down to Shreveport to pick mine up.)

Top Bottom