• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

84 Mpg At What Speed

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I am going to assume that driving at 70 mph, the Elio will give in the 70-75 mpg range. That's just being realistic. The combined hwy/city will probably be 55 mpg, give or take a few.

EM has stated that simulations show they are at the 81 mpg spot. They will continue to tweak to see what can happen.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All with a combined population of 23,412 (just a guess, could be high), you have got to love those open spaces.
Actually Moorhead is pushing 40,000. 2010 census shows East Grandforks over 8500 Crookston over 7860 Hawley about 3500, Ada - 1700, Red Lake Falls - 1457, Parkers Prairie - 1043 and Rindal about 8 ( that's just a guess, I think there are only 2-3 families living in the village limits)

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually Moorhead is pushing 40,000. 2010 census shows East Grandforks over 8500 Crookston over 7860 Hawley about 3500, Ada - 1700, Red Lake Falls - 1457, Parkers Prairie - 1043 and Rindal about 8 ( that's just a guess, I think there are only 2-3 families living in the village limits)

I didn't realize how crowded it had become up there. Is it all the oil workers?

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't realize how crowded it had become up there. Is it all the oil workers?
Oil workers are on the west side of North Dakota 300 plus miles away. Biggest reason is people wanting small town living and schools where their kids can get a descent education. Minnesota has an excellent reputation for good public education. Of course it shows in taxes paid for school districts.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone looking for a job and dosent mind the cold, should check out the North Dakota Job Service. Fargo-Moorhead need people, business are closing down because they can't find workers. Now granted wages in the area aren't nearly what they are in western ND but the crime rate isn't as high either or the rent.

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fuel economy is very dependent on driving style. My Bil has never gotten near the rated mileage on anything, lotts of right foot followed by lots of middle pedal, gas converted to heat :) He gets 14 on a rated 18 , would expect him to get 65.3mpg in an Elio.
I think you can expect the same percentage of the rated highway mileage from the Elio as you presently get on your current ride. For instance my truck is rated at 17 highway, I get 17.4 on whisky gas so I expect to get the full 84mpg (if that is the final rated highway mpg) on the elio. My wife's yucon is rated at 17 and she gets 16. If she would drive the Elio, I would expect it to get 16/17 ths of 84mpg for her, or 79MPG. Anyhow, that's my expectation, sure would like to validate it in an Elio real soon !

Top Bottom