• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

84 Mpg Is The Goal...

If you hadn't (or haven't) put down any money, what's your MPG minimum to buy an Elio?

• Paul said 84 MPG and I expect 84 MPG!

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 60+ would be great!

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • 30+ would be okay.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd buy one, even if it was rated for GPM (gallons per mile).

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since 2008 until now I have not own any car or truck, just Suzuki 250cc which give me average around 70 MPG. That Is Great. Then I bought Suzuki VS800 which give me average 45 MPG. And that is still Great. Last vehicle I own in 2008 was S10 truck which give me around 22 MPG. that was ok except gas shoot up close to $4 a gallon in 2008. I bought my wife brand new car 2009 Avero which give me average 34 MPG. That was better then my truck. I still don't own car or truck for me, but my wife want a car. I drive 98% on my motorcycle to work and everywhere I need to go, and I used my wife car when she let me. lol. Drive a motorcycle all year around is not alway fun to do. sometime in rain, cold, hot, wherever the weather may be each days. I am ready go back to buy a vehicle with cover over my head and have heater and a/c. and that will be Elio vehicle. I am waiting for new Elio when the day is my turn to go get it...Elio vehicle will still give me better MPG than any vehicle I own in the past. the day will come when Elio start production in 2015. It will happen. and I will wait for my Elio vehicle when time is ready. Have faith and it will surely happen.

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong, I believe it was stated once, that to get the 84 mpg gas rating... in fact they had to get 95 mpg on a flat straight road...

So it could get the 84 mpg average for hills and curves... normal driving roads... and there was a guess of about 65-70 mpg mixing city and highway...

I am will be happy just to have my Elio... and be on the road... but any savings in fuel cost works for me....

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225 see ya on the road...

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want as much as I can get. Elio is advertising 84/49 mpg and it better get it . I'm going to try to get as much outta mine as possible, just so I can tell my sister, who's all about the Prius and rightfully so. But , I'd probably buy one if it would only get 60 mpg highway. You just can't beat the price.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want as much as I can get. Elio is advertising 84/49 mpg and it better get it . I'm going to try to get as much outta mine as possible, just so I can tell my sister, who's all about the Prius and rightfully so. But , I'd probably buy one if it would only get 60 mpg highway. You just can't beat the price.
The design target is 84 mpg on the highway at 65mph, according to Jerry Vassallo. They were already very close to that last summer in simulations -- very close being within 3 mpg (as I recall our conversation). I think there's a reasonable chance that the actual, real-world mpg will be within 2-3 mpg of target, and may even meet or exceed it, depending on how you accelerate.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
anyone know of car purchase that met or exceeded the sticker milage?
All mine, some came close, most missed it by a heap. Perfectly tuned, downhill, with a tailwind, locked @ 45mph might do it!!

Top Bottom