• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Few More Choices On Elio Color Options Would Be Nice.... ?

Do You think Elio's current color choices are sufficient?

• Yes, they are awesome, and I couldn't ask for more !

• They're ok, and I can live with them.

• I really wish we could have more options on colors, and maybe even get to vote on them !

Results are only viewable after voting.

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Elio Motors would be open to expanding their color options a bit....? I sure hope so.

I like a wider option of colors, and to me the choices we have seem a bit bland.

Maybe a bright yellow, some bright neon choices, and my personal preference would be a silver that is more metallic and shiny, instead of the current "rocket silver" option that to me is just a flat, dull grey.

I just don't really like what they have so far, and when I get mine I'll be compelled to repaint it if we don't have any better options from the stock colors....

Anyone else agree? Your thoughts?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I'm wondering if Elio Motors would be open to expanding their color options a bit....? I sure hope so.

I like a wider option of colors, and to me the choices we have seem a bit bland.

Maybe a bright yellow, some bright neon choices, and my personal preference would be a silver that is more metallic and shiny, instead of the current "rocket silver" option that to me is just a flat, dull grey.

I just don't really like what they have so far, and when I get mine I'll be compelled to repaint it if we don't have any better options from the stock colors....

Hey Bill! Many months ago, they had a vote on what colors folks would like to see. Then they had a tournament bracket with 8 colors, to see which one would "win" and be the champion color. This was in March during the college men's basketball tourney. I don't remember which of the 8 colors won, you can look it up perhaps on the website blog archives. It's possible that yellow was in the 8 color scheme, maybe someone will remember if it was and why it didn't make the final list of 7.

I dunno, most models from current car makers don't have more than 7 color choices. I'll just pull a model out of the air: the Ford Fiesta Sedan S. Looking it up, number of available colors is... three. The Fiesta SE sedan has... 9 colors. The Fiesta Titanium also has 9. So I stand corrected. ;-) Now when you go to a lot, that's a different story. Any given car dealer is not going to have every color available for every model on their lot. Sure, you can order one if it's brand new, but very few people order a car color. With the Elio, you can order whatever car color you want out of the 7, easily and quickly.

Also, part of the limit to 7 paint colors may have to do with what is available physically at the plant, and what Elio wants to maintain in the paint area.

I know one thing... as I look at paint colors of cars out there, most of them are white, some shade of gray/silver, or black. For me personally, a car color is not as important as features and dependability.

Since this vehicle is 1-person wide, there is the argument that a bright color will help with visibility, same as a motorcycle rider and what the driver wears. But the Elio's lights can always be on, so that will help with visibility for a gray or black paint.

I've seen others suggest to get a wrap with the color or design that you want, that's an option too.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I read somewhere you could request primer only, but that it would not affect the price. If you plan on painting yours as soon as you get it, that could save a little on labor.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Update on the Fiesta paint color choices... :p ... for 3 of the 9 colors, it's an extra $600 for that color.

Let's throw that wrinkle in... if you were charged let's say an extra $500 to get your color outside of the original 7, would you pay it?

Pulled another out of the air: the Chevy Cruze has 10 color choices avail, one costs $225 more, three others cost $325 more.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When making a comment on Elio Facebook to bring back Yellow the response was we don't have room......which I assumed to mean paint booth space. The color choices they offer are the most popular and limiting color keeps their/our cost down..........white it is then.

Top Bottom