• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Little Elio Eyecandy...

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a little too extreme for me that joke on bankruptcy whomever started it.If your time is so idle maybe you should turn the computer off and read a book.I signed up for elioowners.com to enjoy others comments who are supportive/positive of our Elio and to learn more. I am 100 percent positive with Paul Elio and Elio Motors! We are now so close and now have a complete machined motor! As Paul Elio stated we are headed for the finish line! Third quarter 2015 is within reach, look at how much energy Paul Elio has put into this, the legislation he foresaw, the blue chip suppliers,etc., and included in his plans. A monumental task and we are heading for the finish line! Whom else has a 84mpg vehicle (autocyle) on the market for $6,800.00..............be proud and thankful. I am, with the every increasing cost of fuel of past and future years to get me to work and home (our Elio-while enclosed, safety, reliable, 84mpg,200,000 mile capable motor).
Terrence in Maryland supports Elio Motors at this time in the build!

Hoorah Elio Motors!!
wake up

have you ever "invested" in another startup company and LOST MONEY ?

IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY !

i am being honest and open and PRAYING that this works, my money is on the line !

I have lost over $200,000. on another startup project, where I heaRD FOR THREE YEARS THE SAME BLAH BLAH B LAH

increase of fuel ? the lowering fuel cost is going to KILL THIS PROJECT !!! Americans are fickle , and want their SUV's ! On the news last night fuel has gone under $2.00 A GALLON !!

REALITY !

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
wake up

have you ever "invested" in another startup company and LOST MONEY ?

IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY !

i am being honest and open and PRAYING that this works, my money is on the line !

I have lost over $200,000. on another startup project, where I heaRD FOR THREE YEARS THE SAME BLAH BLAH B LAH

increase of fuel ? the lowering fuel cost is going to KILL THIS PROJECT !!! Americans are fickle , and want their SUV's ! On the news last night fuel has gone under $2.00 A GALLON !!

REALITY !

The (currently) lower gas prices means I can save MORE money (now) to apply towards the purchase of my Elio!...Isn't that great?!?! One of the nice things about this forum, most of the members are old enough to know/remember that fuel prices will go back up! This company is FAR from DOA. Elio makes good financial sense, for us and for "corporate America." Fleet vehicles, rental vehicles, delivery vehicles. There are also over 95,000 municipalities that could benefit...
There are other countries that have expressed desires to have Elio's, too. Gas isn't as cheap everywhere.
Cheer up! It WILL HAPPEN!......or not. ;) :D

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have lost over $200,000. on another startup project,
Life must be difficult for a pessimist.
I would guess if I'd lost $200k, I'd be very wary too.
The problem with investment, often the investor is not privy to the information that represents the actual risk. This is often by design, much to the frustration of investors. Categories of that information is the engineering/science, the business aspects, funding status and the marketing. All four are black-box magic if you don't have the background for it. Fortunately, I think EM is a lot more transparent than average.

I've got the design/technical to say yes this is a go. I rely on the resume's of EM (and others ) to say the supply and manufacturing R&D is a go.

Since 2002, I've done my best to research the marketing of autocycles, like the Elio, to see if these could sell in the numbers required. SUV's? yes the public likes that. But the Elio numbers are still justified based on vehicle purchase price alone. Oil will always balance against price for the top motivator. This is by EM design. It's both recession proof, and boon proof. Remember too, Elio only has to capture a very small percentage of US car sales to be a wild success story. And if those ever fail, Elio still has cool-unique-and-fun in their pocket to balance that out(unique only for the first 3-5years).

Then we can also talk about diamond lane access, sportiness (as a perception), self expression and parking etc.

On the business planning and funding, again I think EM is both very self disciplined yet relatively transparent compared to other business startups. And from outside the box, where we all sit, it looks pretty good.

Having said that, however, the next three months and related milestones will be crucial.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: The (currently) lower gas prices means.................
There are other countries that have expressed desires to have Elio's, too. Gas isn't as cheap everywhere.
Cheer up! It WILL HAPPEN!......or not. ;) :D

The current Oil Glut is proving a bonanza for Truck & SUV sales, albeit this may be short lived.
A hiccup in the Middle East will quickly reverse the trend, blah....blah. What I find encouraging
is that the big boys will have to buy more "CAFE Credits" to meet forthcoming standards..............:)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSslNJ1RSrJ-N6ZxPFO9ytKFS9WppwWLqTa47VI0v2_B0zYY89.jpg

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree about fickle customers. I cannot understand the short sightedness (stupidity?) of the person who really thinks oil will stay at the present price point. What ever happens gas will get more expensive as time goes by. And that is totally ignoring the conservation/conservative issue of our reasources. In 96, when seeing the big 3 abandon small cars in favor of hi$$$$ SUV and trucks, I was also amazed at their shortsightedness! I think Elio has a pricepoint that will sustain the required sales even without the fuel. Add in the environmental and "neat" factors and it looks even better.

Top Bottom