• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Little More Real Today

Thundertub

Elio Fan
Reaction score
And to think of what went out the door 3 years ago... and still all this. He had the candy store collections back then. I wonder if they we held back from the auction. I also wish he had kept the stunning collection of neon signs. I am a collector of diecast cars, toy trains, books, and much more, but Bruce swings a giant hammer as a collector.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And to think of what went out the door 3 years ago... and still all this. He had the candy store collections back then. I wonder if they we held back from the auction. I also wish he had kept the stunning collection of neon signs. I am a collector of diecast cars, toy trains, books, and much more, but Bruce swings a giant hammer as a collector.

HE HAD 350 CARS AT ONE TIME . ONLY 200 WENT TO THE AUCTION AND
HE ACTUALLY BOUGHT A COUPLE OF THE AUCTIONED CARS BACK !

HERE IS A TG-500 HE HAS DOWN THERE CURRENTLY .
IT IS NOT THE SAME ONE THAT HE SOLD AT THE AUCTION .

DSC_0079.JPG

Thundertub

Elio Fan
Reaction score
What a silly, quirky looking car. And yet. I am madly in love with it! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and my eyes see nothing but beauty. Some folks are going, "Huh?". LOL! Thank you for posting that one, David!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What a silly, quirky looking car. And yet. I am madly in love with it! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and my eyes see nothing but beauty. Some folks are going, "Huh?". LOL! Thank you for posting that one, David!
Huh? That Salmon colored umm ca er um thi .... uuhhh last picture he posted? Yeah, it's um <ahem> unusual. <gag>

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score

HE HAD 350 CARS AT ONE TIME . ONLY 200 WENT TO THE AUCTION AND
HE ACTUALLY BOUGHT A COUPLE OF THE AUCTIONED CARS BACK !

HERE IS A TG-500 HE HAS DOWN THERE CURRENTLY .
IT IS NOT THE SAME ONE THAT HE SOLD AT THE AUCTION .

View attachment 11030
Hmm. Which end is the front?:D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me change subject for just a second.
Fiat is bringing back the 124! Now that was a fun car to drive in the 70's.

OK, back on track; Thundertub you collect diecast also? Cool; I've got about 650 of them; then got into RC cars and have 35 of those before I ran out of play money.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score

HERE IS THE TG THAT I AM BUILDING . I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IT SINCE 2010 AND
FINALLY HAVE SOME PARTS GOING TO THE PAINT SHOP .

IT'LL COME BACK ALL ONE COLOR & THAT COLOR WILL BE TURQUOISE .
I AM IN THE HOME STRETCH & HOPING TO BEAT PAUL TO THE ROAD !

DSC_1503 - Copy.JPG

DSC_1509.JPG

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me change subject for just a second.
Fiat is bringing back the 124!

A lot of people are calling it the Fiata since it was built on the new ND Miata chassis and made in the same plant in Japan. But it has the Fiat turbo 1.4 motor, stouter older Aisin 6 speed tranny use in the previous Miata, different bodywork, some different interior bits, and a retuned suspension. I prefer the looks of the new Fiat over the new Miata, it much more resembles my NC Miata.

It is funny how people use the fact that it shares a lot of the Miata platform as a bad thing, LMAO. If I had to trade in my Miata today, it would be for the new Fiat 124. While a little slower than the new Miata, the exterior look and nicer interior are huge wins for me.

BUT... the plan is to just hang onto my current car until my Elio is in my driveway, then unleash the checkbook shredding mods on the Miata... buwahahaaaaaaa!

Fiat-124-Spider-17.jpg

Last edited:

Thundertub

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Coss,
I have no idea of the exact count of die cast cars that I have. It is easily several hundred. Perhaps more. I have 1/18, 1/24, 1/43 in abundance. But I also have probably 100+ 1/87 (HO scale), and even a few 1/144 and 1/220th. It is a very eclectic collection of Pontiac, Chrysler, and Lamborghini, but mostly Porsche.
I also collect all scales and manufacturers of toy trains, but the focus in on Chessie System specifically with the sleeping kitten logo. Again, too many to count easily.
I am a car nut - I like all types of cars - but there again my focus is Porsche. Since 1971, I have owned 18 Porsches of all manner and description, my current being a 2012 1/2 991 Carrera coupe in Aqua Blue Metallic. But I also love Pontiac, particularly GTO's, Mopar muscle and show cars, Lamborghini's, and anything else interesting from early brass to present.
And if that wasn't expensive enough, I also love boats, and have owned many over the decades, but there again the focus is on Donzi. I have had a Classic 16, Classic 18, 22ZX, and a Z3250 Daytona. Sailboats, too.
I forgot to mention, I am also into planes: P51 Mustangs and Beechcraft Bonanza V35's. I flew P3C's and S3A's in the Navy for over 20 years. Folks ask me why I didn't become an airline pilot when I retired, and I always say, "For the same reason Mario Andretti didn't become a bus driver when he retired."

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Coss,
I have no idea of the exact count of die cast cars that I have. It is easily several hundred. Perhaps more. I have 1/18, 1/24, 1/43 in abundance. But I also have over a hundred 1/87, and probably 100+ 1/87 (HO scale), and even a few 1/144 and 1/220th. It is a very eclectic collection of Pontiac, Chrysler, and Lamborghini, but mostly Porsche.
I also collect all scales and manufacturers of toy trains, but the focus in on Chessie System specifically with the sleeping kitten logo. Again, too many to count easily.
I am a car nut - I like all types of cars - but there again my focus is Porsche. I have owned 17 previous Porsches of all manner and description, my current being a 2012 1/2 991 Carrera coupe in Aqua Blue Metallic. But I also love Pontiac, specifically GTO's, Mopar muscle and show cars, Lamborghini's, and anything else interesting from early brass to present.
And if that wasn't expensive enough, I also love boats, and have owned many over the decades, but there again the focus is on Donzi. I have had a Classic 16, Classic 18, 22ZX, and a Z3250 Daytona. Sailboats, too.
I forgot to mention, I am also into planes: P51 Mustangs and Beechcraft Bonanza V35's. I flew P3C's and S3A's in the Navy for over 20 years. Folks ask me why I didn't become an airline pilot when I retired, and I always say, "For the same reason Mario Andretti didn't become a bus driver when he retired."
Dammmm just how big is that box of money you're standing on? :eek:

Top Bottom