• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Advertising Incentives

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I feel Elio Motors, and many customers could benefit,
by implementing a advertising program, wherein a website or
phone number would be painted on the car for all to see, with the
customer getting the credit by a code.

The customer would volunteer, and agree to enter the program,
and EM would subtract a portion of the monthly payment for a year or two.

This would allow even more people to purchase an Elio,
that might not have all the necessary funds to complete the transaction.

The advertising could be done at the factory, by Plasti Dip, or wrap, and later by the dealer locally, when they are established.

There are at least a dozen advertising firms, that currently pay
drivers $200-$900. a month to advertise on a vehicle.

So this is not a new idea, but a very effective idea,
as they have been doing this for many years as a
low cost method of advertising.

I have not read anything about EM plans for advertising, or
if it even fits into their budget, but this might be a good way to start.

I, personally would not mind driving around a new car with a
promotional ad, for a year, if it were financially rewarding.

Everyone could win! and there would be more Elios on the road.

Just a thought....

Last edited:

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
See the other thread about this subject. Why would they pay a referral when there is lots of word-of-mouth advertisement and sharing the Elio on social media going on right now?
Just seeing Elios on the road (hopefully) next year this time will be plenty of FREE advertisement for them. We'll probably get inundated with questions about the cars on the rare occasion we stop for gas.

Hit up some of your local advertising firms; the Elio will draw attention for a while after they're released. You might get a premium for plastering your car with ads.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I posted this on a different forum last week and this forum under P5

I was a master weaver for the Longaberger basket co. for 18 years. It was a direct marketing company that sold hand woven hard wood baskets. A woman would buy a basket show her friends and they would go and buy a basket and show all their friends and so on. This mom and pop basket business hit a Billion Dollars in sales for the years 2000, 2001 each. Of course that was when everyone had more throw away money. In 2000 Longaberger had 1% of the basket market. It wasn’t that the other 99% did not like the product, it was that they had never seen the product.

I would like to drive around in my Elios and every where I stop, draw a crowd, hand out business cards and let them set inside and check it out. They would go home, take out my card, go to my web site provided to me free by the company and check out more information about the car. If they should buy the car, the money paid to a dealer would be paid to me, through direct deposit, and placed in my bank account. The car would be shipped to where ever it normally would for that location and picked up by the customer. Dealer get’s prep money and I get a commission. I figure with my military retirement plus 3 or 4 cars a month, me and the wife could spend our whole retirement on the road traveling.

If they gave the dealers in these 60 major markets exclusive rights to sales, I fear they will never do as well as they hope to. Direct marketing advertising is free and exponential. Every one thinks direct marketing is like a pyramid scheme. So, what is the problem with everyone in the world owning and selling Elios. Unlike baskets, it is a usable commodity and will need to be replaced.

"GREED IS GOOD"​

Last edited:

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
See the other thread about this subject. Why would they pay a referral when there is lots of word-of-mouth advertisement and sharing the Elio on social media going on right now?
Just seeing Elios on the road (hopefully) next year this time will be plenty of FREE advertisement for them. We'll probably get inundated with questions about the cars on the rare occasion we stop for gas.

Hit up some of your local advertising firms; the Elio will draw attention for a while after they're released. You might get a premium for plastering your car with ads.
I was thinking, there are many folks who can't manage, or fit into their budget, a NEW CAR.

There is never enough advertising for auto sellers. That's why soo o o many car commercials bother us onTV,radio, newspapers, internet, etc. from ALL the car dealers. I still get snail mail from GM, Ford,Toyota, Hyundai, and others.
we all do!
There are thousands of potential buyers that could benefit from a ad boost.

I love this kind of idea, (The Elio), that strays from the norm, I'm always looking for something different, (that’s why I drive a Chevy Volt), but I was in San Jose, for the whole month of October, 2013, and did not know the Elio was on display. I even made a trip across town to see the Tesla X.
I had plenty of time.
If I had seen a Elio drive by, I would not have had a clue as to how to find that
unusual vehicle I just saw!
Unless, it had a giant ELIO on the side!

I'm not suggesting the program should be permanent, but a good place to start......

Everybody WINS...

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Auto Dealerships are always trying to get 'free advertising' by placing stickers/chrome badges/ or license plate frames with their Dealership's Name on their new vehicles. The last two NEW vehicles I've bought; I told them that they can put their 'logo' on MY NEW car....... if I can drive back on my birthday each year (to show them that it is still there)....... they give me a $100 bill for the advertising! Surprisingly, they have not taken me up on my offer.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it may be a good idea for Elio Motors to have a system where people who have already made reservation are rewarded for telling others about Elio if the people they tell about Elio also make all in reservations.

I thought about something along the lines of a 10% bonus amount given towards your Elio. So if your referral goes $1000 all in then you would get $100 towards your Elio or if they do only $100 then you would only get a $10 bonus.

One possible issue I see is that this could give the impression of some kind of ponzi scheme. This would be one good reason to restrict referrers to only people who have already made reservations.

I have not actually mentioned this to anyone with EM but would like to hear from all of you if you have any other ideas, questions, concerns, or comments about this idea?

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't try to get others to go all in as it is a risky gamble and in my opinion a personal decision.. If people lose money due to your recommendation you're going to lose friends or family will blame you.. I will mention the Elio to others but they have to make their own choice based on their thoughts.. The finances at Elio have to improve dramatically if this vehicle is going to get off the drawing board.. As I mentioned before I risked $100.00 on the Elio.. I will let others draw their own conclusions..

Ray

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't try to get others to go all in as it is a risky gamble and in my opinion a personal decision.. If people lose money due to your recommendation you're going to lose friends or family will blame you.. I will mention the Elio to others but they have to make their own choice based on their thoughts.. The finances at Elio have to improve dramatically if this vehicle is going to get off the drawing board.. As I mentioned before I risked $100.00 on the Elio.. I will let others draw their own conclusions..

Ray

I tell people about Elio all the time and have already told most of my family and friends about it. I also tell them that at this point it is not expected to be available for at least another year and that there is some level of risk involved with getting in at this point as there is a chance it may never come out. I believe everyone can and should make up their own minds based on their level of comfort with the situation, their vehicle needs, and personal finances.
At this point I do not believe this is a scam and as such what Elio needs right now is more reservations so they can demonstrate to potential investors that this is truly a viable business worth investing their money in.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tell people about Elio all the time and have already told most of my family and friends about it. I also tell them that at this point it is not expected to be available for at least another year and that there is some level of risk involved with getting in at this point as there is a chance it may never come out. I believe everyone can and should make up their own minds based on their level of comfort with the situation, their vehicle needs, and personal finances.
At this point I do not believe this is a scam and as such what Elio needs right now is more reservations so they can demonstrate to potential investors that this is truly a viable business worth investing their money in.
I would love to see an interview with Paul Elio with someone savvy in the vehicle business.. I can't imagine being in his position and what he is trying to accomplish! Right now the best case scenario for success would be Elio being "adopted" by a large established auto manufacturer to get the financing and increase potential customer confidence.. I could be wrong this is just an opinion..

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This has been brought up in several threads already. Do we really need another???
Why would they pay a referral fee now? Lots of people are already spreading the word for FREE. Referral fees are generally a good idea if a product needs more exposure. Word-of-mouth is a good way to accomplish that, but in this case it's already being done.
If a referral fee is paid, do you think the "$6800" price will stay the same, or be offset by the fee? Sorry, but I don't want to pay the extra $$ to cover someone's referral fees.

Top Bottom