• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Advertising Incentives

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assume, that you are talking about putting an "Elio Sticker" on the vehicle that you CURRENTLY drive. Such a program would be 'un-enforceable' (put the sticker on an old clunker, sitting in your driveway), and would be of 'little value' to Elio Motors! IMO
I think that it would, if the wording was something like "My Next car will be an ELIO" with the graphic of the Elio and the $6,800 and 84 mpg specs.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem is that I have no idea who you are. You might send me a picture of someone else's car and live in a shack with a yard that's nothing but 3-foot high weeds. You might be hated by everyone in your area. I have always checked my potential embassadors out pretty thoroughly before I let them represent me in any manner. That takes time and quite a bit of effort, so I would say it would cost EM much more than $100 per moving billboard. Personally I've always thought that the entire concept lacks taste anyway. I would like to hope that EM maintains a little more class than placing large advertisements on private individual's vehicles across the country. Once, just once, I'd like to go to a major city and see mass transit buses that were just nice looking buses and nothing more.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since this vehicle will stand out like a mini pink elephant I believe we will all be advertising for free with or without a sticker. In my opinion the biggest spike to Elio sales will happen when we (the consumers) start rolling down the highways with these. I did however start a similar post questioning if anyone would consider if the reward or benefit was there to rent/sell sticker placement on their Elio since as mentioned they will get A lot of attention at least for the first few years. (Think Red Bull cars only not as over the top). I would personally gladly rent sticker space (like a race car) to defer my monthly cost. Not sure there would be a gain for Elio though.

Four of us working at the same plant here in Maryland have Elio reservations which is the result of one of the four starting the Elio conversation at our work place!
Hoorah!
Terrence Bernard :-)

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So Elio Motors, Designs, Makes, and Sends 'someone' a DECAL that they are 'suppose' to place on a vehicle and 'claim' to drive around for publicity (with no form of 'verification' that it actually happens). In return, they DEDUCT $100 from the purchase price of YOUR vehicle...... sounds like a LOSE-LOSE for Elio Motors..... and $100 in 'someone's pocket. POOR BUSINESS deal!

Remember the old Dealership Emblems/Decals that were placed on New and Used cars..... as 'free' advertising for the Dealership? On my last two NEW cars, I told the Dealerships to "Leave their 'advertising' OFF", unless they wanted to PAY me. I would drive up to their Dealership each year, on Christmas Eve (and show them that their 'advertising' was still on the vehicle)...... and all they had to do was present me with $100 cash, for the 'service'! Not ONE Dealership has taken me up on the OFFER...... and my vehicles remain "Dealership Sticker FREE"!

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So Elio Motors, Designs, Makes, and Sends 'someone' a DECAL that they are 'suppose' to place on a vehicle and 'claim' to drive around for publicity (with no form of 'verification' that it actually happens). In return, they DEDUCT $100 from the purchase price of YOUR vehicle...... sounds like a LOSE-LOSE for Elio Motors..... and $100 in 'someone's pocket. POOR BUSINESS deal!

Remember the old Dealership Emblems/Decals that were placed on New and Used cars..... as 'free' advertising for the Dealership? On my last two NEW cars, I told the Dealerships to "Leave their 'advertising' OFF", unless they wanted to PAY me. I would drive up to their Dealership each year, on Christmas Eve (and show them that their 'advertising' was still on the vehicle)...... and all they had to do was present me with $100 cash, for the 'service'! Not ONE Dealership has taken me up on the OFFER...... and my vehicles remain "Dealership Sticker FREE"!
My wife has the same attitude about designer labeled clothing. Her attitude is that "if you want your name brand on my backside you will have to pay me will for it". Thankfully she doesn't wear designer clothes

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife has the same attitude about designer labeled clothing. Her attitude is that "if you want your name brand on my backside you will have to pay me will for it". Thankfully she doesn't wear designer clothes
I have some VERY expensive hats/shirts/jackets. Thankfully, they came with free stuff - lawn mowers, farm machinery, guns, etc. :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Elio or Pep Boys cares much about that marketing strategy. They don't even have signage up at the Pep Boys Locations around the country...........Elio Coming Soon!
image.jpg

Top Bottom