• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Advertising Incentives

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Elio or Pep Boys cares much about that marketing strategy. They don't even have signage up at the Pep Boys Locations around the country...........Elio Coming Soon!View attachment 2103

You also will not see any mention of Elio Motors anywhere on IAV's web site, http://www.iav.com/us ,but that doesn't mean they aren't making our engine.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Elio or Pep Boys cares much about that marketing strategy. They don't even have signage up at the Pep Boys Locations around the country...........Elio Coming Soon!View attachment 2103
Maybe they don't want to have to 'explain' all the DELAYS..... and 'lack of information'... about the final Production vehicle!

"Getting closer to Elio production date"? Actually; for ME, it is FURTHER away NOW.... than when I signed up over a YEAR ago! NOW: 394 DAYS until 1 Sep 2015. When I went "All-In" on 6 Jul 2013....... there were 359 DAYS until the 'then' production date of Jul 2014!

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Serious demand will only be sparked when the actual vehicles are out on the road. In spite of best marketing efforts, most people still have never heard of Elio. Too much marketing noise out there. If insurance issues could be overcome, the best promo might be to build a couple dozen prototypes and then have a tag team of volunteers with good driving records hit the roads.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Possibly Pep Boys wants/needs to get their plan together first. That is a large comitment, seems they did some research to comit. Now they as anyone needs time, discussions, planing phases to formulate the plan, Then more time/discussion on the store fit, alterations, possible store remodeling, then when to roll it out. They may be managing the monies for this new venture in an established time line.Balancing the not too early and not to late. All we can do is speculate, that is my view ponit for you.

Stay positive future Elio owner friends :) The Elio will be worth the wait<> 84 mpg highway, 49 mpg city, well designed and 5 star safe
not forgetting priced for the public!
Terrence Bernard

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where in Maryland? I'm in Hollywood.

Jayne, I am in Easton, Maryland. What was it back in the founding of Maryland -Lord Baltimore named this land for his wife Mary, hence Marys land. Easton as I recall was where the courts for the state began, then later moved. Easton is off hwy 50 on the DELMARVA penninsula. Enjoy your Elio!
Terrence :)

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So Elio Motors, Designs, Makes, and Sends 'someone' a DECAL that they are 'suppose' to place on a vehicle and 'claim' to drive around for publicity (with no form of 'verification' that it actually happens). In return, they DEDUCT $100 from the purchase price of YOUR vehicle...... sounds like a LOSE-LOSE for Elio Motors..... and $100 in 'someone's pocket. POOR BUSINESS deal!

Remember the old Dealership Emblems/Decals that were placed on New and Used cars..... as 'free' advertising for the Dealership? On my last two NEW cars, I told the Dealerships to "Leave their 'advertising' OFF", unless they wanted to PAY me. I would drive up to their Dealership each year, on Christmas Eve (and show them that their 'advertising' was still on the vehicle)...... and all they had to do was present me with $100 cash, for the 'service'! Not ONE Dealership has taken me up on the OFFER...... and my vehicles remain "Dealership Sticker FREE"!
I used to drill two 1/8 holes into the trunklid of brand new Fords to attach the dealers emblem for delivery Now they use stick ons but many customers didn't want it at all..

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife has the same attitude about designer labeled clothing. Her attitude is that "if you want your name brand on my backside you will have to pay me will for it". Thankfully she doesn't wear designer clothes
My feelings exactly. Why would I go around in a shirt that says Tommy Hilfinger in 6 inch letters unless Tommy were paying me.

seeker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Four of us working at the same plant here in Maryland have Elio reservations which is the result of one of the four starting the Elio conversation at our work place!
Hoorah!
Terrence Bernard :)
That might happen at my plant. We have 800 employees. I know at least a dozen of them first heard about Elio from my bringing up the subject. Almost all of them expressed interest in buying one when they heard the proposed specs.

seeker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I used to drill two 1/8 holes into the trunklid of brand new Fords to attach the dealers emblem for delivery Now they use stick ons but many customers didn't want it at all..
I sold my 1970 Mercury Cougar a couple of years ago. It still had one of those stupid dealer tags riveted to the back end when it left. Over 40 years of free advertising for a dealership that probably doesn't exist anymore.

Top Bottom