• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aerodynamic Hard Shell "saddle Bags?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="CheeseheadEarl, post: 35233, member: 1129"
FWIW, I'd personally rather have the weight out back and low than centered and high. To each their own.

Yes as with all considerations it is all an attempt to compromise with all the forces in play. I just happen to see the swaying rear wheel caused by too much weight behind the center of gravity as more problematic than any tipping. It has only one wheel to fight the swaying tendency. Of course there is always the idiot who overloads everything and blows the whole idea to hell. Aerodynamically i prefer yours. Weight and volume I got you beat. LOL[/QUOTE]

No matter which method a person chooses, we have to exercise common sense. I used to own a "lowered" GMC Sonoma, that cornered like it was on rails. But when I was hauling a load, I exercised more care. I took curves and corners MUCH slower. Still, I "speculate" that the Elio will be safer while towing or with a hitch carrier (both, properly loaded) than most motorcycles, with their "short wheelbase", relatively "narrow" tire and "small" contact patch. And yet, MC's do it all of the time!
I will add, NO ONE can make a vehicle that is "idiot proof."

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still like the "Jack Reacher" style of traveling (the books, not the movie). No luggage, just find a thrift shop or dollar store (remember when these were dime stores???) to buy a new set when it is time to do laundry and just toss the old ones in the trash when you put on the new ones. No need for traveling with 4 suitecases when wife and I go somewhere (3.5 for her and 0.5 for me).

Top Bottom