• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

After Job Losses Local Lawmaker Wants Elio Investigation

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The parish does NOT own the old factory, so whatever the owner is doing for the tenants is none of their business!
You might want to check into that Wiz.

"In December 2013, the land and its buildings were bought by Caddo Parish’s Industrial Development Board — an agency that exists to foster economic development in Caddo Parish — with $7.5 million of parish funds, according to previous Times reporting. The IDB then leased real estate to the Shreveport Business Park, a subsidiary of the Industry Realty Group, which became property manager on behalf of the IDB and in turn subleased a portion of the land to Elio Motors."

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...ing-general-motors-shreveport-plant/91179046/

This is just one source of many out there that state the same thing.

Last edited:

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THIS ARTICLE WAS CREATED BY Jalopnik.com

This is real, not the standard BS kicked out by EM.

Lawmaker Wants An Investigation Into Elio Motors Deal

Ryan Felton

The last time we checked up on Elio Motors, the automaker with hopes of producing a weird three-wheeled street car with a ridiculously low selling point, it was staring down a $123 million deficit with only about $100,000 in the bank. But it hasn’t built a single car yet. So a lawmaker in Louisiana, which facilitated a deal for Elio to setup shop in a shuttered General Motors plant, is calling for an investigation into why Elio was chosen over over two separate manufacturers.

Elio Motors’ Future Looks Doubtful With $100,000 In The Bank And A $123 Million Deficit
Elio Motors, the company that keeps delaying its three-wheeler street car with a price so cheap…Read more

According to KTBS in Louisiana, Louisiana representative Cedric Glover wants the state legislature to subpoena parties involved in the Elio deal to answer questions about why the start-up was chosen over Land Rover and Japanese manufacturer Daikin. From KTBS:

“All it takes is the agreement and the support of both Chairman Carmody and the Speaker of the House to give us the authority to do that,” said Glover.

On May 9th, Glover wants to question, under oath, the deal makers who let the chronically delayed Elio Motors into Shreveport’s former GM plant, including former Louisiana Director of Economic Development Stephen Moret, two members of Racer Trust - the government program created to find new uses for the old GM plants after the company filed bankruptcy and billionaire investor Stuart Lichter, who got the plant.

“For the folks at Racer Trust to say to the people in this community that the best that we can do is Elio, and to see the opportunities that have been lost and still being lost that to me is a crime,” added Glover.

There’s a lot here, and it’s worth checking out KTBS’s report in full, but the upshot is: Glover’s bothered by how Lichter, the investor, ended up with the plant through a convoluted real estate transaction. The problem, Glover says, is Lichter in turn leased the factory again to Elio, where he’s a majority shareholder.

“That’s a crime,” Glover told the news station.

It’s a weird story, for sure, about as weird as Elio’s car looks. If you know more about what’s going on here, drop me a line at ryan.felton@jalopnik.com, or reach me via Signal here.
We should all be writing this guy with his email attached at the bottom of the article / comment to - .... ryan.felton@jalopnik .....c/o Jalopnik

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wanted to thank everyone for all the well wishes...I'm definitely much better, no longer having to 'sleep' in a sitting position...never knew that being horizontal could be such a luxurious experience or that a deep breath could be so euphoric... if I can convince all of the wonderful people on here of ONE thing it would be...get the pneumonia vaccine!!! Life is beautiful and I've never felt more willing to wait patiently for our Elio!:car::angel:
Got it AND the shingles shot !!
You might want to check into that Wiz.

"In December 2013, the land and its buildings were bought by Caddo Parish’s Industrial Development Board — an agency that exists to foster economic development in Caddo Parish — with $7.5 million of parish funds, according to previous Times reporting. The IDB then leased real estate to the Shreveport Business Park, a subsidiary of the Industry Realty Group, which became property manager on behalf of the IDB and in turn subleased a portion of the land to Elio Motors."

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...ing-general-motors-shreveport-plant/91179046/

This is just one source of many out there that state the same thing.
I stand corrected, thank you EA ☺

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THIS ARTICLE WAS CREATED BY Jalopnik.com

This is real, not the standard BS kicked out by EM.

Lawmaker Wants An Investigation Into Elio Motors Deal

Ryan Felton

The last time we checked up on Elio Motors, the automaker with hopes of producing a weird three-wheeled street car with a ridiculously low selling point, it was staring down a $123 million deficit with only about $100,000 in the bank. But it hasn’t built a single car yet. So a lawmaker in Louisiana, which facilitated a deal for Elio to setup shop in a shuttered General Motors plant, is calling for an investigation into why Elio was chosen over over two separate manufacturers.

Elio Motors’ Future Looks Doubtful With $100,000 In The Bank And A $123 Million Deficit
Elio Motors, the company that keeps delaying its three-wheeler street car with a price so cheap…Read more

According to KTBS in Louisiana, Louisiana representative Cedric Glover wants the state legislature to subpoena parties involved in the Elio deal to answer questions about why the start-up was chosen over Land Rover and Japanese manufacturer Daikin. From KTBS:

“All it takes is the agreement and the support of both Chairman Carmody and the Speaker of the House to give us the authority to do that,” said Glover.

On May 9th, Glover wants to question, under oath, the deal makers who let the chronically delayed Elio Motors into Shreveport’s former GM plant, including former Louisiana Director of Economic Development Stephen Moret, two members of Racer Trust - the government program created to find new uses for the old GM plants after the company filed bankruptcy and billionaire investor Stuart Lichter, who got the plant.

“For the folks at Racer Trust to say to the people in this community that the best that we can do is Elio, and to see the opportunities that have been lost and still being lost that to me is a crime,” added Glover.

There’s a lot here, and it’s worth checking out KTBS’s report in full, but the upshot is: Glover’s bothered by how Lichter, the investor, ended up with the plant through a convoluted real estate transaction. The problem, Glover says, is Lichter in turn leased the factory again to Elio, where he’s a majority shareholder.

“That’s a crime,” Glover told the news station.

It’s a weird story, for sure, about as weird as Elio’s car looks. If you know more about what’s going on here, drop me a line at ryan.felton@jalopnik.com, or reach me via Signal here.

LOL... "Jalopnik" and "Real" we're used in the same sentence!!!

Jalopnik writes whatever he can as click bait. That's pretty comical. "This is real"... man, what a card!:D

Mr. Glover wants a lawsuit over "lost" jobs? Sue GM who closed the plant or hey, sue the U.S. Government for making GM close it or hey, sue all the stockholders for not voting out inept GM management. Elio? Well, they haven't eliminated a single job in Shreveport. Why sue them? Is it because Shreveport had an agreement with them? No... Elio rented from Racer Trust who bought the building from Shreveports' IBP board. (I know the acronym here is wrong).

Disregard the orange... My mistake...

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I wouldn't want to deal with this SOB, neither. The whole bunch of them and people like them. A bully throwing a tantrum and he has been like this from the beginning. He is just after votes, pounding his chest and blaming elio for all his parish troubles. And the stock market hasn't been affected.
Glover is a blow hard trying to stay in front of the people so he can be reelected....get a REAL job Cedric and quit leeching off your constituents!
gotta laugh, thinking that ANY politician is doing anything other than trying to keep their job. Why oh why would we even expect ANY elected official
to not want to be in front of the camera. Wasn't it our first president who said any news is good publicity, and had he played his cards right he could have been king.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL... "Jalopnik" and "Real" we're used in the same sentence!!!

Jalopnik writes whatever he can as click bait. That's pretty comical. "This is real"... man, what a card!:D

Mr. Glover wants a lawsuit over "lost" jobs? Sue GM who closed the plant or hey, sue the U.S. Government for making GM close it or hey, sue all the stockholders for not voting out inept GM management. Elio? Well, they haven't eliminated a single job in Shreveport. Why use them? Is it because Shreveport had an agreement with them? No... Elio rented from Racer Trust who bought the building from Shreveports' IBP board. (I know the acronym here is wrong).
Ty... Racer Trust did not buy the building from IBP. Nor did they rent anything to EM. You've got it backwards. Racer sold the property to Caddo Parish for $17M who then made their IDB responsible for it. The IDB in turn leased the building and property to Stu's IRG who in turn entered into a sub-lease agreement with EM.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
gotta laugh, thinking that ANY politician is doing anything other than trying to keep their job. Why oh why would we even expect ANY elected official
to not want to be in front of the camera. Wasn't it our first president who said any news is good publicity, and had he played his cards right he could have been king.
George Washington was offered a United States Kingship. He declined.

Top Bottom