• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

All Successful Downsized Cars Had A Certain Pezazz That Distinguished Them Markedly From The Others

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Modern downsized cars aren't really downsized. The Fiat 500 for example is oddly tall, so is the Smart car. The original 500, now that was special. The smallest car I could find was the Toyota 86, so I bought one of those. Stock photo attached as I'm too lazy to go outside with my camera right now.

Attachments

• 86-color4.jpg
    86-color4.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 196

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the sympathy. Poor me! Anyway, not only do I not think it's "cute" I think the damn things look like the ultimate weeniemobile. Her other choice is the beetle (for the same reason).... Women, what can ya do? That little jewel costs a bundle and is also a looser. I friend of mine had one and said it was the worst, most unreliable, repair prone piece of junk he ever owned. The pickle I'm in is; I've got a wife with the car bug which I hoped to cure with an Elio (on the cheap). It looks like I've been let down and can't stall her off much longer.

Sorry if I'm boring you guys with my personal problem, but just have to vent. I'm sure some of you can relate.

Try to talk her into at least looking at one of these. 5 year 60K miles bumper to bumper warranty, and 10 year 100K power train mile warranty. Actually the dealer where I purchased mine gives every new car sold by them a lifetime power train warranty. 25 years ago I would have never even considered a Korean car, but I love mine. These days they're Producing great vehicles at a great price point. If you can talk her into a test drive (or an actual purchase) be sure it's a turbo model. This is a very fun car and not pricey at all. ;)

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/veloster/gallery.aspxpower train

Johnny Cyclone

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks for the sympathy. Poor me! Anyway, not only do I not think it's "cute" I think the damn things look like the ultimate weeniemobile. Her other choice is the beetle (for the same reason).... Women, what can ya do? That little jewel costs a bundle and is also a looser. I friend of mine had one and said it was the worst, most unreliable, repair prone piece of junk he ever owned. The pickle I'm in is; I've got a wife with the car bug which I hoped to cure with an Elio (on the cheap). It looks like I've been let down and can't stall her off much longer.

Sorry if I'm boring you guys with my personal problem, but just have to vent. I'm sure some of you can relate.
FIAT = Fix It Again Tony.

Tre'

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you remember "how" the 500 was different? I only ask because my wife is pressing me for a new car and thinks the 500 is "cute". Yuk!

You don't like those 'oddball' cars, but you are 'in' for an Elio... Hmmm. I like the VW and the Fiat. Like the smart cars as well, but the 'Diablo' version, not the stock ones. ;)
Interesting story, I was part of a group that had input on the 'new' VW's with the promise of being 'first in line' if they went into production. Never heard from them again... :confused:

Top Bottom