• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Altc Designs

Do you like this first design?

• Total voters

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
So here's the latest update one I've also been working on, the MidEngine (650cc Suzuki TRM). It's fast, not cheap. Maybe a little inexpensive.
There is also another version of the simple scooter too. I'll post it when a bit more complete.

It's really kind of a private horse race I'm running for myself, to generate the best designs to selected purposes.
Hey, it's better than a bar-room hangout ! Everybody should have a hobbie...

View attachment 5274 View attachment 5275 .

Yep. The control systems don't exist for the Avatar copter, but they do for a Quad-Copter. So that why I think this is doable. Of course, upsizing the scale to lift a human, well that's where it challenge is.

BTW, latest artwork for the MidEngine below... I do like the look at the front-end.
View attachment 5301

I have always wanted to do something along these lines but with a pushrod suspension placing the coil-overs inside the body. :cool:

figure005.gif

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have always wanted to do something along these lines but with a pushrod suspension placing the coil-overs inside the body. :cool:
Yup, that's a favorite for everyone. The 'simple' is definitely getting some progress. Most of which doesn't show in this image, unfortunately. :-(
ScooterFrontEnd1.png

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is exceptionally tedious work right now, slow and incremental. But I have returned to my Atlantric mold making. The task now is getting the 'plug' surface up to finished spec.
Basically this is touchy feelie wet-sanding with fingers and using shadows cast by one super-low angle-single-source LED lamp.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is exceptionally tedious work right now, slow and incremental. But I have returned to my Atlantric mold making. The task now is getting the 'plug' surface up to finished spec.
Basically this is touchy feelie wet-sanding with fingers and using shadows cast by one super-low angle-single-source LED lamp.

Sounds theraputic. Kind of like spinning pottery.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AriLea, will it have door(s)

The basic body has a hatch design that comes down near the curves off the fenders. This is left -or- right opening, both removes it entirely. So any number of tops can be the hatch, even ones with doors.
However, these would have to be gull-wing, butterfly or swing up doors (or lift and slide) due to the constraints of the hatch area and fenders. It is a high step entry, which is definitely not for everyone. This is optimized for weight savings at the expense of easy access. The tradition started with WWI & WWII aircraft and the Messerschmitt KR200 (wiki).

There will be step areas to ease access to the interior. If you can lift your foot over the seat of a chair, you can navigate this.

Last edited:

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score

figure005.gif

I am confused. Is this not a pushrod suspension with the coil-over inside the body? I like torsion bar on the lower control arm, but you still have to deal with the shock, so it ends up being more work.
In your front wheel drive design, what is the drive from jack-shaft to axle? Chain, cogbelt or ? What is your ratio between front and rear drive?
I started to build a rear wheel drive tadpole trike, but one ride in a T-Rex cured that brain fart. I do not want to have any drive on the rear wheel ever. No matter what the ratio, I believe it, along with front wheel drive, will reduce traction and therefore lateral stability in a very unpredictable manner. If you drive very conservatively, it will not matter, but if you go play in the twisties, I think I would crash, even after lots of learning.

Top Bottom