• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Alternative Heating

How do you heat your home?

• Total voters

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not inefficient stove, but inefficient distribution. The stove is in the garage, far end of the house, I have a fan blowing the hot air into the ducts for the hot air furnace heat, so forcing the heat backwards through the house. The garage and the bedrooms above it get pretty warm, but the opposite end of the house rarely gets above 62 degrees through the winter. During real cold and windy spells, I turn on a kerosene heater in that end.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not inefficient stove, but inefficient distribution. The stove is in the garage, far end of the house, I have a fan blowing the hot air into the ducts for the hot air furnace heat, so forcing the heat backwards through the house. The garage and the bedrooms above it get pretty warm, but the opposite end of the house rarely gets above 62 degrees through the winter. During real cold and windy spells, I turn on a kerosene heater in that end.
No wonder you use so much wood. Living room location would greatly reduce wood usage. Where are you located?

Ray

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
northeast coast.
Want to put a pellet stove in the LR, just can't afford the chimney pipe yet, as that will cost more than the stove.

I should clarify this - this pellet stove pipe is not expensive, but in the LR I am installing a fireplace which it will sit in front of. Its the FIREPLACE pipe that is the big bucks....

Last edited:
Top Bottom