• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Am I The Only Person Who Likes The Elgin Dash?

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elgin is easy to read.

THAT IS BECAUSE THE WATCH DIALS MOVE SLOWLY .
THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE WITH A SPEEDOMETER & TACHOMETER .

........or he could have owned a Rolex and the Elio's base would have jumped to $12K.

A PATEK PHILLIPE DASH WOULD BUMP THE BASE UP TO $25K .
SO WHY AGAIN IS HE PUTTING AN ELGIN DASH IN A TIMEX CAR ?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone else said this, and I'm in the same thought; if you ever have a problem with the stock instrument panel (aka Elgin Dash) contact me, I'll have a brand new one on the shelf collecting dust.
The Elgin is getting pulled within the first week I have it at home and replaced with a digital.

Puna bob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how much of a weirdo I really am. Is there anybody else out there who thinks the Elgin dash is actually pretty cool?
I am thinking that an unique vehicle needs a unique dash. I'll adapt easily enough.

Its not as though this is a race car where I need to watch the RPMs carefully and I'll figure out speedometer.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the recent ELIO showing in Chandler Az, 9 of 10 G1 INSIGHTERS did not like the ELGIN dash setup.
They did like the analog type, except the 85mph top speed indication.
Willie
They haven't seen it in the P5 contrasting that new brushed metal dash. I sense it will be haralded uniquely cool and highly functional/readable.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I "like" about the Elgin dash?.....It is one aspect that is final. No more "time" has to be taken away from more important things. As for the brushed aluminum?...I am thinking "engine turned."

Top Bottom