• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Am I The Only Person Who Likes The Elgin Dash?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
$6,800 maybe, 84 mpg possible, 0-60 under 12 seconds probably, yellow hopefully- HOWEVER Elgin Dash, NEVER (as per Paul)
Never is a very long time; I do suspect that an option for it will be available when the Gen 2 Elio's come out; or the Skyz system is going to be the dash of choice. I've said before that no one will complain about the dash until after they take delivery and have had time to get a ticket or 3 because they couldn't tell how fast they were going.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never is a very long time; I do suspect that an option for it will be available when the Gen 2 Elio's come out; or the Skyz system is going to be the dash of choice. I've said before that no one will complain about the dash until after they take delivery and have had time to get a ticket or 3 because they couldn't tell how fast they were going.

I'm already looking at various HUDs.
Prices range from $30 to $80.
I'll probably buy one and try it in my truck.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been working out the possibilities of using the monitor in the back of the visor for a backup camera / rear view mirror (in other words on full time.
upload_2016-1-17_11-47-10.png

And to replace the Elgin use the tablet in my avatar ; not going to bother with the Skyz system.

The other thing I've been tossing around is modifying the front wheel skirts by taking the black section off
Something like this
This is a Photoshop pic someone else did that I copied; by simply cutting off the black section it would look very close to this.

P4 Orange with open wheel covers.jpg

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From what I can see in pics of the P5 it appears you will be able to see little to none of the front wheel rims. If this is the case I suspect the car will come from the factory with very generic (boring) wheels. Modifying the stock fenders or changing them out will probably result in you wanting different wheels too. Just something to remember if you're cost conscious.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I can see in pics of the P5 it appears you will be able to see little to none of the front wheel rims. If this is the case I suspect the car will come from the factory with very generic (boring) wheels. Modifying the stock fenders or changing them out will probably result in you wanting different wheels too. Just something to remembers if you're cost conscious.
If you're worried about cost, you don't want custom.
These are steps I've considered for when I'm customizing my Elio as I have mentioned in my signature.
If someone else would like to have these same customizations they will have an associated cost.
Just an FYI

Top Bottom