• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Am I The Only Person Who Likes The Elgin Dash?

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is what I don't understand. The numbers are the same size. With the Elgin you have to look in one location to read the time (or in this cases, the tachometer or speedometer). So is it easier to "look" for the pointy arm thingy as it moves in an arch, to find the number it's pointing at. This is rather than looking in one location? Or does the pointer arm/hand make the number look bigger? Or is it the staring part which is critical in reading a number of the same size, which isn't moving?:D
The Elgin would have been okay with me if the increments were smaller. I like to be able to tell if I am going 45 or 47. The Tach and Speed in the E1c look to have enough room between the round numbers so one can tell exact rpm and speed. Also with an analog gauge it is easy to see approximate readings out of the corner of your eye, with digital you have to look directly at it and think the number.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/what-do-you-think-about-analog-vs-digital-display-383696.html

Last edited:

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elgin would have been okay with me if the increments were smaller. I like to be able to tell if I am going 45 or 47. The Tach and Speed in the E1c look to have enough room between the round numbers so one can tell exact rpm and speed.
The dial behind the face on the Elgin is the same size. Look for yourself and compare. The differences are the Elgin has the bezel moving past a window, while the standard plain gauges have an arm moving over the bezel.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The dial behind the face on the Elgin is the same size. Look for yourself and compare. The differences are the Elgin has the bezel moving past a window, while the standard plain gauges have an arm moving over the bezel.
Yes and in that tiny window was 20 mph, it would have been hard to know an actual speed, even within 5 mph, omg, unless it was on the 10 hash between the twenty.
Sorry, was I speeding officer, I have an Elgin Dash.
Oh I understand, I'll just give you a warning.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I love this thread....
Seth says he likes the Elgin.....
Everybody b!t#h3s they hate it....
Elio goes to analog....
Now IT'S not good enough.....
ENOUGH already people...
It's a sub 10K vehicle.....
Get over it !!!!!!!!!
Seth says he likes the Elgin..... That was slightly over a year ago; at least we're consistent

Top Bottom