• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

And Now... The P5!

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
my first reaction to seeing the exhaust port below the fuel fill was one of concern .... given input from others on this I no longer have the same degree of concern .... could there ever be a problem, I think the answer is yes .... is a problem very likely, I no longer believe that it is .... the analogy of fueling a motorcycle makes sense to me

All the contouring lines on the car, and even the exhaust vent itself seem to be slanted in a way that would direct any fuel running down the side away from the exhaust port... so it may be a non issue in all but the most extreme circumstances...

[Broken External Image]

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
my first reaction to seeing the exhaust port below the fuel fill was one of concern .... given input from others on this I no longer have the same degree of concern .... could there ever be a problem, I think the answer is yes .... is a problem very likely, I no longer believe that it is .... the analogy of fueling a motorcycle makes sense to me
I was thinking more along the lines of running out of gas and needing to fill up with a plastic gas can used for my lawn mower.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I will leave that up to Elio, or aftermarket guys... It's not worth it for me. I just want reflectivity to be seen in low lighting conditions. During the day I shall assume that you can see me for obvious reasons...

hearing about and seeing the ways folks handle such mods is really going to be interesting

Durk Jenkins

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like everything they did including the exhaust outlet. I like the longer nose as well. In the pictures there appears to be a circle that maybe the gas door. I would hope they would consider having the gas door on the other side near the car door for easy fueling. Also away from the exhaust outlet, if gas dripped down it could be an issue or maybe hot exhaust tip near your legs may be an issue. Just a thought. Otherwise I like the blue too!

I agree with you about exhaust. It should be on the oposide of fuel filler like all vehicles are with a single exhaust.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gear shift (And, I'd assume, hand brake) are on the right side. Kind of difficult to climb over them on your way out if there was a right side door.
I know with the Corvette C4, the parking brake was on the left side. It wasn't very pleasant to use though.
If they really wanted a right side door option, both shift and park brake are cable controlled and could be door mounted.

I don't see a need, but it is doable.

Fanciful thinking - what about a suicide passenger door on the right, driver door still on the left?

I can see how a parking brake can exist on the left side, but I can't see how shifting would be done from that side with the door.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's it! That's the name for the car!
The Elio Dragon

That's the perfect name. The car looks like a dragon. I want to drive a car called a "dragon". Dragons are cool. Hasn't been used by any other company. Perfect. You win all teh Internets, Mr. WilliamH!
No offense meant to anyone...

But I hate it.

Top Bottom