• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Answers To “bright” Questions

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Buyer beware though. I burned up two bulbs messing around with keeping them on (I could pull the stalk back and the dims would stay on till I released the stalk. I would drive while holding the stalk back to be in "Ultrabright" mode. Think stupid kids on dirt roads in the woods and not kids bothering other traffic.
Now Off road, driving and long distance lights are so small and inexpensive I don't see why you would need it.
On my S10 the low beams (outboard light) would turn off when you turned on the highbeams (inboard).
The headlights were all one piece as seen here:
S10 Headlights.gif

The relay I used in these would have all 4 on; so on this one it made sense.
The other thing I had in them was Silver Stars Ultras so they were a pure white beam they cast.
I did mount driving lights under the bumper, but after a while I found I never needed them.

DLAllen

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I don't know if it is legal but I would like to see the two headlights with high and low beams in each. Then have them wired so they are on all the time like my motorcycles when the ignition switch is on. The only switch controlling them would be the switch for high and low beam.

I didn't mean high and low beams on together all the time. I meant "lights" on all the time with a switch to choose either the high or the low beam.

Top Bottom