• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any Hams Getting An Elio?

puppeto

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for quite a while watching developments. Even made a slow roll by the future plant just a couple of weeks ago on a trip to Dallas. There's activity definately going on there. I'll probably be making trips past there from time to time and I'll be sure to shoot some pics if I think about it next time through.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is tapping out a message using your Morse key illegal in many states like it is for texting while driving? :cool:

$_57.JPG

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So someone tell me the attraction of Amateur Radio.
Promise not to laugh when I say a lot of it is the same motivator for chat forums <grin>

Plus, you get the benefits of learning, playing with technology, challenging yourself (learning Morse code would be one example), thrill of the chase (confirming conversations with someone in each of 50 States, or 100 Countries), using satellites, bouncing signals off the moon, providing emergency communications when all else fails (think Katrina), and on and on...

I started a looooonnnng time ago, built my first radios (anybody remember Heathkit and Knightkit?), eventually became an electrical engineer and used that to launch a career in manufacturing before retiring. Cause and effect?

edit: I should add for those who might not recognize it, my userID is my Ham Radio call sign....

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Promise not to laugh when I say a lot of it is the same motivator for chat forums <grin>

Plus, you get the benefits of learning, playing with technology, challenging yourself (learning Morse code would be one example), thrill of the chase (confirming conversations with someone in each of 50 States, or 100 Countries), using satellites, bouncing signals off the moon, providing emergency communications when all else fails (think Katrina), and on and on...

I started a looooonnnng time ago, built my first radios (anybody remember Heathkit and Knightkit?), eventually became an electrical engineer and used that to launch a career in manufacturing before retiring. Cause and effect?

edit: I should add for those who might not recognize it, my userID is my Ham Radio call sign....

Thanks Dan. With your number, we may meet up in Shreveport someday!

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pilots, tank drivers, etc.
There are purpose built ones with 2 paddles that are lighter and faster, but I like things old school.

I remember there was a communications contest a few years back where the finals ended up as a battle between 2 texting teens with cell phones and 2 old guys with radios and tappers.

Old guys won. I'm guessing that the old guys texted "get off my lawn" in less than 2 seconds. :cool::p

Top Bottom