• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any Updates On Production

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm having a bit of trouble with the "seating tub." I see where the drive sits, but if the passenger sits at the same level as the driver, it looks like the trunk shelf won't be flat if the passenger seat is folded forward. I'm probably visualizing it wrong, and sure hope so, because having the larger, level storage area is really important for the kinds of gear I carry.

agree, have been looking at the same thing .... I've even tried to mentally flip it over but that hasn't helped .... to me the good news is the parts show clearly show that the means to form them is in place .... with the vast majority of the components necessary to assemble the P5 being off the shelf parts, this is a major step toward its completion

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I see it, the complex part on the left has the instrument panel top center, the "tunnel" for the steering wheel in the lower center, single DIN port center right, and I have no Idea what the box-like structure just below it is. Also don't see where A/C controls will go; you can just make out the upper AC vent on the upper right (unless that's a hole for a tweeter, which I doubt). I think the part on the lower right will hold the Elgin dash and two facia-mounted AC ports. The curves on the outer edges of that part seem to mate with the center hole in the console.

The roof is easy to recognize, and I recognize the trunk lid OK. I'm having a bit of trouble with the "seating tub." I see where the drive sits, but if the passenger sits at the same level as the driver, it looks like the trunk shelf won't be flat if the passenger seat is folded forward. I'm probably visualizing it wrong, and sure hope so, because having the larger, level storage area is really important for the kinds of gear I carry.

I believe the seating tub is just the back seat and the trunk and that the front seat would be in front of this. Length wise it seems to line up with the roof.
Panel on the top of the picture appears to match the hole in the roof so I think that is a trunk lid. Is the part just above the dash the hood?
The lower box on the right side of the console is a stash place or possibly a place for USB connectors.
Are the parts between the seat tub and dash door sills?

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah ha... I believe that strange mostly rectangular part with a long corner that is in the lower left corner of the picture might be another console insert that will ultimately be where things like A/C or other cabin controls will be mounted. The shape seems to align with the left side of the console.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assume the two dash inserts (for stereo and A/C controls) will be painted the same color as the body and installed over the dash before assembly.

I do not see any "glove compartment" for storing registration and papers. These papers may be stored in a compartment in the door.

It would be nice to see the door panel. I do not see right side panel either, nor either side panel for the passenger.

The vertical pieces between the dash/hood and rear seat tub, may be coverings for the newly designed A-pillar. The A-pillar is suppose to be more narrow. However the A-pillars have a slight curve to them and I can not tell if there is a curve in these panels.

I am pleased that the dash has kept its layout. I had heard the Skyz ipad mounting was being incorporated more into the vehicle's interior instead of looking like an afterthought add-on. The dash has a cutout on the right side. I do not know if that is for the right side panel or has something to do with the new Skyz mounting.

The hole at the upper right corner of the dash is baffling to me. Something like it is shown in the P4 picture but I can not recognize it. I do not believe it is the defroster vent because the defroster vent appears to be directly below the windshield (in the P4).

He is the P4 for comparisons:

elio11_interior2.jpg

toxotes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Umm...Ok, I'm an idiot.

This pictures of parts, is this a new picture? and how were these parts being made manufactured?

Conventional injection molds (i assume) needed for production take time to build, if there are just single parts I'm unaware how/what mass production tooling will be, in relation to cost to build and time to produce

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Umm...Ok, I'm an idiot.

This pictures of parts, is this a new picture? and how were these parts being made manufactured?

Conventional injection molds (i assume) needed for production take time to build, if there are just single parts I'm unaware how/what mass production tooling will be, in relation to cost to build and time to produce
If you go over to the Elio News section of the forum; there's a thread I started called "This Weeks Momentum News Letter"
First entry has, well, this week's news letter; in that letter you'll see where the parts pictures came from; there is a bit of a story that goes with it to answer your question.

Top Bottom