• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Buy Some Shares?

IdahoDuffer

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was only able to commit to 51 shares, but have had some trouble with getting the shares. After not hearing anything from StartEngine for weeks I emailed them and requested a status of my purchase. The first email I received stated that my name did not match the account the money came from. I found this odd as I have had that account for over 30 years, and told them the same. A few days later I received another email stating that it wasn't my name but my SS# that didn't match. They requested I send it to them and they would then send me info on how to verify it in their system. Sure seems fishy to me and I have again told them how I feel about it.
I have not sent any more info at this point and find it odd that I had to raise a question before they contacted me about the issues.
Anybody else have any problems with getting their shares? I even bought during the limited timeframe before Dec. 3rd.

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was one of the people that backed out after the minimum was raised. I decided a few days ago to instead up my $500 all-in to the full $1000 all-in so I can get a number. I feel much better about that than buying stock.

One thing I found odd, I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation e-mail yet that I paid for the upgrade. The site shows I did it. Maybe I won't hear anything until they send out the next batch of numbers.

Anyway, I hope you stock people do good and get us our 25 E models! :)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was one of the people that backed out after the minimum was raised. I decided a few days ago to instead up my $500 all-in to the full $1000 all-in so I can get a number. I feel much better about that than buying stock.

One thing I found odd, I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation e-mail yet that I paid for the upgrade. The site shows I did it. Maybe I won't hear anything until they send out the next batch of numbers.

Anyway, I hope you stock people do good and get us our 25 E models! :)
You can either call or email them if it would make you feel better about the transaction; but I went through the same thing.
The dashboard showed that I had paid, but I had never received any type of contact.
When they did contact me they told me that if it's showing you're good.
The next SIL mailing is supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd week in January.

A good email address to contact them is support@eliomotors.zendesk.com and the phone number is on the website.

Elias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Elias, Your the first accredited investor I think I've met. Thanks for joining us. I hope you stick around. Tell me, have you received your stock certificates yet? Are they frame able? Did they come snail mail or by computer?
I have received the convertible subordinates secured notes in mail. Not frame yet but, since the Reg + started at $12/share the notes value technical doubled. Only the future will tell once production start this year as to the stock price for the future. If Elio does just as good as Tesla I'll be relaxing after that.

Elias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Finally received notification that my funds cleared. A strange 2-month journey.
You can either call or email them if it would make you feel better about the transaction; but I went through the same thing.
The dashboard showed that I had paid, but I had never received any type of contact.
When they did contact me they told me that if it's showing you're good.
The next SIL mailing is supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd week in January.

I waited 6 to 8 weeks for my number when I went in as $1000 all in. It will come. Hang on.

A good email address to contact them is support@eliomotors.zendesk.com and the phone number is on the website.

Elias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I love it! That we'll beyond my financial ability, but I'm excited for you. It's crazy enough I'm buying a car I don't need to support the principal of the idea, what your doing is absolutely amazing.

I hope you make your money back ten fold!

I bought the car because it's practical and make sense and also like you the principal of the idea. I believe in ELIO. It's great for America. Thank you for your comment. By the way my investment technical doubled based on what Reg + stock is currently selling for.

Elias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
WOW! Nice! I suppose it depends on your definition of "near future" for the pay off. I plan on holding on to my 500 until I retire (5-10 years) and making the decision then.

As an accredited investor, Elio projection targets 1.3 Billion in sales by 2020. Anything can happen as you know, but it take money to make money. Glad you got in.

Top Bottom