• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Getting Spammed?

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FINALLY!

My computer is better, and I can access this site from home. :)

Friday night I removed Kaspersky, reinstalled, scanned. No errors/threats found. Removed again and downloaded ESET scanned, found 14 threats, quarantined check this site, Nope still acts up and not normal........3 hours later, give up bed time.

Saturday (today) played with ESET some more......scan, scan doesn't find any threats but still shows the past ones in quarantined. Check this site as a test to see if things are better.......Nope still acts up hover over alerts, just see the scanning but doesn't show the alerts :(

My son suggested a program called Webroot.....I downloaded the trial version, installed, ran scan. It also found those 14 threats and removed them. Sign on here and viola! hover over alerts and it opens quickly to show me all alerts :) click the mouse a on a couple of things and viola, no pop-ups :)

We'll see how it goes, but I'll probably buy this one. So far, so good. Oh and its fast too! did the whole scan in under a minute. :)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The 14 Webroot found are probably the same 14 ESET found. By default ESET does the quarantine thing, they forget to mention after the machines runs goes into quarantine and delete them. The "holding" action is just a safety thing incase any of the files quarantined files are needed for the machine to start up.
Besides ESET I also run Malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.org) if ESET finds something. It is free on one time uses; if you want they full feature version they sell. The full feature does real time scanning and auto updates; the free version only runs when you tell it to and only updates when you tell it to (which should be done ever time you use it; there are 15 to 35 new malware threats out every day).

I don't run both at the same time, I found one can trip over the other if they are both running.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear no mac based complaints?? I've only screwed up, by allowing a problem scan program in, which then plants itself and slows everything down, threw it away, and back to normal. I think there is something to be said about OS8

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I hear no mac based complaints?? I've only screwed up, by allowing a problem scan program in, which then plants itself and slows everything down, threw it away, and back to normal. I think there is something to be said about OS8
Oh please don't go there.
Mac does get infections also, and they have been happening a lot more often in the last couple of years.
Currently iPhones are a #1 target for infections.

Injunjoe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just as Elio is the alternative low cost "car" in my future, I switched to no cost Linux 10 years ago and never looked back. No viruses or malware or paying to keep them out. It is like having a home with locking doors and windows (Linux) versus living on the streets in a cardboard box (Windows). I just cannot figure out why you guys keep paying all that money unnecessarily. lol

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just as Elio is the alternative low cost "car" in my future, I switched to no cost Linux 10 years ago and never looked back. No viruses or malware or paying to keep them out. It is like having a home with locking doors and windows (Linux) versus living on the streets in a cardboard box (Windows). I just cannot figure out why you guys keep paying all that money unnecessarily. lol

I like having the ability to use multiple different applications that are written for Windows and there is not an equivalent in Linux.
Not just Office apps, but mapping programs, network tools and a number of others that most do not use.
You might want to read this article from Tech Republic explaining all of the problems Munich Germany is running into computer problems since they decided to use just Linux: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/eu...erience-shows-its-more-complicated-than-that/
I've been a professional Geek for the last 25+ years and have had to support a number of different programs for companies.
I do have certs in UNIX, and haven't used them in the last 15; there's no call for it in what I was working with.

Top Bottom