• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's MIDDLE Earth :p
And who would know better than a WIZARD.:D

wizards.jpg

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because most of them simply, without any hard fast evidence, feel, think or state they believe so. The rest of us have put money down based on real world events:
What makes you so certain that those who don't believe it will happen *haven't* put money down?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It isn't a matter of believers / non believers. It's a matter of risk assessment and desire. We WANT the Elio to succeed, and we have reinforced that desire by making a reservation. But only a complete idiot would ignore the risks involved in such a venture. Each of us, individually, as asked "what can I afford to lose? How important is an early place in line? How confident am I that Elio can get all the way to production?"

I'm sure there are many, many ways to look at it and do the calculation, but I'm pretty sure almost all of us have done something like the above thinking process before plunking down our money.

Yes, Elio might succeed and yes, Elio might fail. Most of us here are adult enough to accept a risk while hoping for the best and excited about the car. I suspect some of the trolls didn't do the calculation and now, realizing that there is genuine risk, feel somehow betrayed. Others, of course, just enjoy stirring the pot.

My level of confidence -- not belief -- is about 70% that Elio produces cars for sale. It may, however, wind up taking a lot more time than I'm happy with -- it's a huge job to raise the millions required and to actually get the manufacturing process in place.

IMO, delay is the biggest risk Elio faces. That's because if it takes too long, the public loses interest. There's a window of opportunity here, and it may close ... but in the mean time, I'm happy with progress, love the car, and am optimistic about its chances.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where did I say that?

"Because most of them simply, without any hard fast evidence, feel, think or state they believe so. The rest of us have put money down based on real world events:"

You place everyone in two categories: Those who don't think it will happen, and "the rest of us [who] have put money down."

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Because most of them simply, without any hard fast evidence, feel, think or state they believe so. The rest of us have put money down based on real world events:"

You place everyone in two categories: Those who don't think it will happen, and "the rest of us [who] have put money down."
I have been misquoted twice. You "assume" two categories.
A lot of people put money down for whatever reasons. "One" reason was based on the events stated.
My opinion stands as I'm sure your mind is made up as well. Such are things called free speech and thought.
The word [who] is yours not mine. When quoting do not insert your own words, if you do, it is not a "quote".

Top Bottom