• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are several categories of people basing 'their opinions' on the same known facts and progress to date: 1.Those who think it will definitely happen 2.Those who think it will happen, but are skeptical given delays 3. Those that don't think it will happen........but hope it does 4.Those that don't think it can happen and predict Elio's premature failure and have given up 5. Those that don't want it to happen and work to undermine and promote failure. All could have actual reservations with the exception of #5. I guess we all have the right to our personal opinions. It's a matter of being respectful.

There is no hard fast evidence of actual success or failure at this point in time.......only predictions based on progress along the road..............to success or failure. I'm extremely optimistic about Elio's potential success. I will be certain of that when the first Elio rolls off the line.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are several categories of people basing 'their opinions' on the same known facts and progress to date: 1.Those who think it will definitely happen 2.Those who think it will happen, but are skeptical given delays 3. Those that don't think it will happen........but hope it does 4.Those that don't think it can happen and predict Elio's premature failure and have given up 5. Those that don't want it to happen and work to undermine and promote failure. All could have actual reservations with the exception of #5. I guess we all have the right to our personal opinions. It's a matter of being respectful.

There is no hard fast evidence of actual success or failure at this point in time.......only predictions based on progress along the road..............to success or failure. I'm extremely optimistic about Elio's potential success. I will be certain of that when the first Elio rolls off the line.
You forgot #6
Those who bet $1000 thinking that it was worth a chance that it is going to happen, and knew and accepted the risk if it doesn't. Odds are looking pretty good to me. Enjoy the ride. I have personally blown a thousand dollars on more foolish things than this.

Last edited:

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been misquoted twice. You "assume" two categories.
A lot of people put money down for whatever reasons. "One" reason was based on the events stated.
My opinion stands as I'm sure your mind is made up as well. Such are things called free speech and thought.
The word [who] is yours not mine. When quoting do not insert your own words, if you do, it is not a "quote".

I included the two sentences wherein you appear to segregate people into two categories. In included ONLY those two lines because those where the only two lines that were relevant to my point. However, those two lines taken out of context turn into a grammatical train wreck. I added the word "who" in there to repair the out of context grammar to save you from looking like an inbred hick to those who haven't read the previous posts in our exchange. The word who was included in brackets to indicate such an addition. This is a standard practice in journalism. Granted, we aren't in a news format here but it is reasonable to assume that most readers will understand the meaning of brackets when so used. If this is offensive to you, fine, I will refrain from such in the future and simply attack your grammar.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I included the two sentences wherein you appear to segregate people into two categories. In included ONLY those two lines because those where the only two lines that were relevant to my point. However, those two lines taken out of context turn into a grammatical train wreck. I added the word "who" in there to repair the out of context grammar to save you from looking like an inbred hick to those who haven't read the previous posts in our exchange. The word who was included in brackets to indicate such an addition. This is a standard practice in journalism. Granted, we aren't in a news format here but it is reasonable to assume that most readers will understand the meaning of brackets when so used. If this is offensive to you, fine, I will refrain from such in the future and simply attack your grammar.
As you wish.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
{Sounds offensive to me, and it isn't even about me.}

Top Bottom