• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

harlan stephens

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am asking to see tangible evidence-based fact..
Before I spend money. And thats just business.
My Faith lies else where.
With production a year out, yes I think the elio motor should be running now. Racking up miles, and proof positive spray bore will work for this motor.
Coated bores did not work for jag. Bmw.
Or me.
Saying the lack of tanglble proof reminds me of somthing in my past is not dissing anyone.

There is a lack of tangable evidence to me, that a vehicle will be in production in less than a year.
If you do not agree thats cool.
Cast your vote however you wish.
Please do not fill my mouth with words.
I for the record dised no one.
The motor imho needs to be running now.
Racking up miles , prooving that spray bore will work in this motor. a high compression motor and a long stroke, with a coated bore.
Carb to fi. And a zilloin other issues I see as a hot rod guy in cars and bikes.
I have clearly stated twice I sure do hope this succeeds.
I will wait and see.
I would rather pay 15k after a year of this car complete and working. No issues with the motor. than to pay to test somthing unproven.
Been there done that with naskle coated bores . And a 10k motor thats a paperweight now.

Its totally cool if you feel different.
I even started a poll for opposing veiw points. And an other box to add to the mix.
I will say this yet again ...I truley hope this succeeds. ..
I however will still wait and see. ..
And do so becuse of past experiences.
And what I like to think is wisdom.
I just dont see that as negative at all..
To each his or her own.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree that you are entitled to feel, think whatever you wish. I just don't understand why you are on this web site. If you don't like the product, fine don't buy one. You seem more interested in showing how smart you are and how dumb we are. I would rather you paid 15k after the car is complete and working, as you call it. Than to hang around running down the product as it has been presented. We know there are issues, and unproven parts, but that is what it is. If you feel there is a better product out there go buy one and leave us alone.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay Harlan, now I understand where your coming from, " Once burned, Twice as Shy! " I get it!:) If I had been burned in the past, I too would not have laid down our money, until it was in production and a proven vehicle!
( Like We did with our "86" Camry. ) You have legitimate concerns and have addressed them here, trying to get answers. I appolgize for having jumped you, the way I did but you did come on a little strong in finding fault. I have learned through the years, patience is a virtue, and good things come, to those who wait! So, I ask you to wait! Let's see what happens, I hope you will at least give it a chance once it is built!:D

harlan stephens

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have fords 2014 racing catalog right here, all aluminum blocks are thin walled pressed in iron liners. this has worked for many years.
Plated bores somtimes work and somtimes not.
My hope is elio al least prototypes one iron sleave.

Can't find anything about Ford no longer using it. They have about 20 patents on the process and seem to be quite proud of it. Admittedly the latest I've seen from Ford was August 2012 with a discussion of using the process on Ecoboost engines.

Top Bottom