• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed.

So we're talking 260,000 units per year after the first initial 9 days.

Taking the $500 depo bonus into consideration,
40,000 all in depos would only put $20 M of "profit" margin into EM's hands on those 40,000 units.
But it will serve the purpose of letting potential investors know that there is an extremely hungry market out here.
So I guess that means that the lion's share of this whole thing depends on investors, be they the feds or the private sector.

Umaxen

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The biggest threat to Elio is that it's priced like a 350 cc motorcycle. With a/c, anti-lock and auto components, this "fun" concept should cost at least $9500. Elio probably can't survive @ $6800. Am buying one anyway...

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The biggest threat to Elio is that it's priced like a 350 cc motorcycle. With a/c, anti-lock and auto components, this "fun" concept should cost at least $9500. Elio probably can't survive @ $6800. Am buying one anyway...
Huh? 'Should cost....', Based on what? The over-inflated prices the current suppliers charge? I don't understand how to calculate the 'should' cost of a vehicle.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I'll bet the journalist got her information from one of our TROLLS. Starting production "this july?"...an EV?

It's amazing, isn't it... how inaccurate an article can be. I know over the years I realized that you can only believe about 25% of what you hear on the radio. The number is probably lower for articles on the internet. Just like that TV commercial, I think it was for State Farm, the woman met the guy online that said he was a model from France, and when he walks up he looks like a showers-twice-a-day American from <insert your least favorite state here>. "They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true." "Where'd ya hear that?" "The internet."

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
It's amazing, isn't it... how inaccurate an article can be. I know over the years I realized that you can only believe about 25% of what you hear on the radio. The number is probably lower for articles on the internet. Just like that TV commercial, I think it was for State Farm, the woman met the guy online that said he was a model from France, and when he walks up he looks like a showers-twice-a-day American from <insert your least favorite state here>. "They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true." "Where'd ya hear that?" "The internet."

LOL, sorry, I meant showers-twice-a-week. It's heck getting old!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jerome Vassallo told me on July 18 that they are currently $200 above their cost bogey. When I observed that the car would sell briskly at $10K, he said, "We know that. We also know that we have to make a profit to stay in business. But Paul [Elio] is thinking about the woman who drives 75 miles to her job at Walmart and cannot afford even a $10,000 car. So we're hunting every possible savings we can find."
This authoritative.
So right now it's a $7,000 car. Pretty darned close if you ask me.
I suspect that options are where the financial "juice" will be, and that for my hypothetical $10,000 you can get a souped up, tarted up, leather-seated Elio. So right now it's a $7,000 car. Pretty darned close if you ask me.

Alfred

Elio Fan
Reaction score
But then i started noticing on facebook this last week or 2. People asking questions and elio made about 6 comments that i recall where they state there is a possibility the car wont happen. How do they go from its definately coming this summer to just a small delay to its possible it wont happen??
Do I understand you right? Someone at Elio commented with the possibility "that it won't happen"? Can you send me a link to that comment please?

Top Bottom