• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do know about the detractor types. But I can't imagine that a member of the Elio team would say something counter-productive to their cause like that!
Any time we read something that claims to be from an Elio team member they are very careful to let us know they are for real. Anyone can claim to be an Elio team member but that doesn't mean they are. :-) Z

Alfred

Elio Fan
Reaction score
That sounds suspiciously like some of the trolls we have gotten on this forum. I have certainly not seen anything that indicates Elio will not happen. After all, people on line can claim they are from Elio and we have no way of proving they are not. Why would they be continuing the work on the engine/drive train and having all the events if it isn't going to happen. That is a very expensive proposition and simply does not make sense. Keep the faith. I know I have. :) Z
Faith is for religious fanatics, for business we need facts.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I am not a religious person so am definitely not a religious fanatic. However I do believe one can have faith in many things that have absolutely nothing to do with religion. In fact some of the synonyms for the word faith in my thesaurus are: confidence, trust, loyalty, reliance. Religion is only one of the list of words representing faith. :-) Z

Alfred

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I am not a religious person so am definitely not a religious fanatic. However I do believe one can have faith in many things that have absolutely nothing to do with religion. In fact some of the synonyms for the word faith in my thesaurus are: confidence, trust, loyalty, reliance. Religion is only one of the list of words representing faith. :) Z
I did not mean to imply that you were, and you found some synonyms I consider valid as well, although faith is more specifically suited for religion, i.e. belief in something for which there is absolutely no basis nor proof. In business that does not work very well. Hope, confidence, and trust is probably closer to the mark.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did not mean to imply that you were, and you found some synonyms I consider valid as well, although faith is more specifically suited for religion, i.e. belief in something for which there is absolutely no basis nor proof. In business that does not work very well. Hope, confidence, and trust is probably closer to the mark.
I just noticed you are from Medford. Are you going to Portland this weekend to see the Elio? :-) Z

JF

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
It already has happened! Go back through some old posts in this forum and look at the progress Elio has made from the beginning. Look at the prototypes, the exposure to the public and the almost 25,000 people that have reservations. I now have two reservations and fully intend to take delivery of both because this is the beginning of a new era in transportation.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those who demand facts and iron-clad guarantees I recommend you go buy a Honda, Ford, or some other established vehicle. For those of us who are willing to encourage entrepreneurial courage we will support the Elio. Not everyone is willing to accept risk and I encourage them to find a safer option they can live with. . It appears the Elio is not within their comfort zone and that is OK. Their fears do not discourage me.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I am not a religious person so am definitely not a religious fanatic. However I do believe one can have faith in many things that have absolutely nothing to do with religion. In fact some of the synonyms for the word faith in my thesaurus are: confidence, trust, loyalty, reliance. Religion is only one of the list of words representing faith. :) Z

The quickest way to start an argument is to mention religion or politics. :-)

That said, I can't let Alfred's comment go by without making a stand. I agree with Zelio... there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with saying "I have faith in Elio Motors". It's fine if Alfred wants to steer clear of religious fanatics, but Zelio's comment was a very harmless, simple statement.

I'm keeping the faith in Elio Motors.

And besides, faith does come into play in business. You have faith if you own a business, that customers will buy your products and services. Even if you as a consumer have bought a product or service before, you have faith that it will perform just as the last one that you bought.

For a reservation on an Elio, sure you can put money down, non-refundable, and choose to have no faith, confidence or trust that it will happen. But how can a person be happy doing that?

Top Bottom