• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone In Iowa Getting An Elio?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
so is the release date now not till 2015?
The safest answer is no one knows. The Elio will be released when it is ready to be released. In the mean time enjoy the company. I'm not from Iowa but I make it a point to drop in on most forums just to see what is going on. :) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The safest answer is no one knows. The Elio will be released when it is ready to be released. In the mean time enjoy the company. I'm not from Iowa but I make it a point to drop in on most forums just to see what is going on. :) Z

I can only tell you that the latest estimates for production from Elio Motors are late first quarter or sometime second quarter of 2015. Of course while we hope they can meet that estimate anything could happen.

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed! I hope I can get mine before the Iowa State Fair. As State FFA Advisor, I have a parking spot on the fairgrounds. The past three years countless numbers of people have stopped and looked at my yellow smart. When I was near and available, I have probably let a hundred+ people sit in my smart and I gave them smart-provided information cards.

I did not realize I was essentially joining a smart-club (cult) when I bought my smart. My wife and I knew all of the 14 smart owners in Des Moines.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed! I hope I can get mine before the Iowa State Fair. As State FFA Advisor, I have a parking spot on the fairgrounds. The past three years countless numbers of people have stopped and looked at my yellow smart. When I was near and available, I have probably let a hundred+ people sit in my smart and I gave them smart-provided information cards.

I did not realize I was essentially joining a smart-club (cult) when I bought my smart. My wife and I knew all of the 14 smart owners in Des Moines.
I saw the Smart in Germany about 8 years ago and thought they'd end up here.. The guys all stood next to it and we took pics lol..

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hit a deer with my motorcycle in May of 2007. My traumatic brain injury and a numb right arm, ruled out buying another motorcycle. After arguing with my wife to let me buy a convertible smart, she finally gave in. Then after about 6 months she complained that she did not get custody of my smart enough. That summer she bought a used convertible smart for herself, so we have two. When my Elio arrives, I assume I will hand my smart down to one of my sons.

We will keep at least one smart so we can attend national and regional smart rallies, a barrel of fun. Ironically the smart was designed as a short urban car, not an economy car. They just happen to be the highest mpg, non-hybrid made. Most of us "smart owners" admit that we became mileage-watchers after we purchased ours and liked the small gas pump costs.

James Sparks

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
All in for $100.00 but will upgrade.
I will more than likely see Jerry on the way in to Cedar Rapids as I am from Palo.
Thinking he will steal my thunder. Hope he is not considering Orange. But I will get over it.
I like the sound of a ride or race sometime in the future

Top Bottom