• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Remember?

Jim Johnston

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I've chosen to do my Elio autocycle in black, all black. I want the open front fenders and gloss black mags. There are additions I'm interested in, driving lamps for one thing that I'm sure wouldn't be all that difficult to mount behind the grill. There has been some discussion about LED clearance lighting and additional signal lighting added to the front tire pods and I may be inclined to do this also to the open front fenders. I also want to install "dirt dragger" mudflaps that send me back to my earliest biking days. I've found some still for sale and hope they'll be wide enough for the open fenders. This photo is basically what I'm interested in.
mud flap 1.jpg

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that would happen here; any time a website does a Buy/Sell/Swap section if a transaction goes bad, the first thing that happens is that they hold the website responsible for it. I was a mod for two of them and saw it happen on both.
The site would have to be separate and know all of the ins and outs of running an online store (including legal recourse).
That's one of the harsh realities of living in a sue happy society.
It's a great idea but maybe best done on an established Buy/Sell/Swap site (like a eBay store).

Coss, I was a moderator on a major scooter board for over a decade , Having a "classified section " worked fine as long as it was clear in the header that all transactions are conducted outside the purview of the board . For example : A member could simply list in the classified section that he has a ( custom mirror ) for sale . Transaction can be facilitated through ( Ebay) .

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Coss, I was a moderator on a major scooter board for over a decade , Having a "classified section " worked fine as long as it was clear in the header that all transactions are conducted outside the purview of the board . For example : A member could simply list in the classified section that he has a ( custom mirror ) for sale . Transaction can be facilitated through ( Ebay) .
I agree, but I have also seen them go horribly wrong.
Either way, it's a decision that has to be made by the site admin, not me or any of the other mods.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to see an Elio with wide, low profile front wheels on spoke rims, with open fenders. I bet you could taper the front edge fenders to blend in with the overall body styling.

Top Bottom