• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
With tight fitting full sized sealed doors, wouldn't ventilation be a big issue with everything closed up?
On a rig like this, you would never get an airtight seal, just enough to keep the "big stuff" out, so I wouldn't worry about a true airtight seal.
If it was that tight of a seal, you could pop the back edge loose and get air in that way.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping for full doors that provide a ‘watertight‘ seal and protection from the elements. The small cabin space might stay comfortable when using the heated seats and heated handlegrips, in colder temps.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then why not go with the half doors if you are going to have to keep the windows open anyway? Add a side curtain or something.
Many FUV owners are doing just that. After 12 years of following Team Arcimoto's marketing open, half, and full door options, I’m wanting a factory full door option that provides full enclosure with a sleek and stylish appearance. I’m not a make shift afterthought mentality. The half doors are well done. I might consider the half door option and simply store the FUV over the cold season winter months, same as all the other motorcycle owners in my neck of the woods. I’m also a candyass fair weather mentality. :) Regardless, I’m happy they crossed the production finish line. The fair weather owners love it. I was sold on the FUV after my test drive back in 2019, but It is currently just short of meeting my needs.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really hope the new CEO corrects Mark's mistakes. Mark has been pushing full foors for many years and yet when production came, he just decided to act like he never mentioned that at all. Top it off, the $11,900 model seems to be nowhere to be mentioned at all by the company. Only the few from the old days remember the doors and cheap model. The rest have no idea and when they ask for full doors, it seems like Arcimoto just filters out any emails that has the word "door" in it to the spam folder. Same for $11,900. We all know the $11,900 model will never exist and the doors, have a good chance but Im guessing that since they are under pressure to redesign the Deliverator (as the current one is really bad) that full doors will not be around for a while. I give it two years or I suspect if they actually sell enough of them, then some Jeep aftermarket place will make full doors for the FUV. As we all know, the aftermarket has been making doors for those things for many many years.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really hope the new CEO corrects Mark's mistakes. Mark has been pushing full foors for many years and yet when production came, he just decided to act like he never mentioned that at all. Top it off, the $11,900 model seems to be nowhere to be mentioned at all by the company. Only the few from the old days remember the doors and cheap model. The rest have no idea and when they ask for full doors, it seems like Arcimoto just filters out any emails that has the word "door" in it to the spam folder. Same for $11,900. We all know the $11,900 model will never exist and the doors, have a good chance but Im guessing that since they are under pressure to redesign the Deliverator (as the current one is really bad) that full doors will not be around for a while. I give it two years or I suspect if they actually sell enough of them, then some Jeep aftermarket place will make full doors for the FUV. As we all know, the aftermarket has been making doors for those things for many many years.
Doors? As we all know, there is a huge market for motorcycles without doors. :) The current owners in the mild climates prefer the partially enclosed open air ride. The upper frame and roof assembly provide for protection from the elements and added safety. It is what it is and owners love it. It simply doesn’t meet my personal needs. Neither does the Can Am Spyder, Slingshot, or the Vanderhall, There is still a huge FUV market demographic. Arcimoto hasn’t gone silent on doors since they are still delivering FUVs with the half door option. Also, we all know the target $11,900 base model MSRP couldn’t possibly happen until pproduction scale numbers allow it.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As we all know, there is a huge market for motorcycles without doors
I never knew how huge it was and looked it up:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/183549/us-sales-of-motorcycles-since-1990/

So, looking at those numbers, the pre pandemic was 468K and the most recent numbers, shows that there were 550K. So for all of the motorcycle industry, that comes up somewhere between a Chevy and Ram pickup for overall sales. Since Arcimoto will be making 50K units in 2025 (as per Mark), that means that they will be utilizing 10% of the overall motorcycle market. That's impressive and shows that Arcimoto along with Marks numbers, will be a huge company. Good to see a new startup that's 14 years old will be that dominant in that industry in just over 2 years.

Arcimoto hasn’t gone silent on doors since they are still delivering FUVs with the half door option.
This is about full doors. I am mistaken that I did not clarify that. So from here on out, I'll just use what you have said for many posts, "Full Doors". With that, Arcimoto has gone silent.

Also, we all know the target $11,900 base model MSRP couldn’t possibly happen until pproduction scale numbers allow it.

When is this happening? I cannot find any information as to when this will be a reality. Will it be in 2023? 2024? 2025? I need a date as production scale numbers could be 2050 for all I know.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Full enclosure and production scale may never happen. With that said, the current model FUV‘s MSRP is similar to the Can Am Spyder, Slingshot and more affordable than a Harley Trike or the Vanderhall. I’m happy they crossed the production finish line and wish Arcimoto all the success I had hoped to wish Elio Motors and many other wannabe startups that turned to vaporware. It is what it is. No sense debating you about their success or failure. They are successfully assembling and delivering 6 units per day to happy open air three wheeler riding customers. Note: Also, the partially enclosed FUV has provided the option for some old retired bikers to get back in the saddle again with it’s much safer/stabile three wheeler platform.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point, Arcimoto has a major problem with cash on hand, so hopefully they can solve that issue. It would be nice if they had more demand. Right now it's not what Mark was portraying it was going to be.

Top Bottom