• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Demand is not the issue. It’s production scale. Arcimoto’s max assembly is 6 units per day….4 day work week. According to Arcimoto FUV Club members placing orders, there is currently a 120 day delivery schedule. It’s Mark Frohnmayer’s vision. I miss him at the helm. Mark and any other startup CEO, to include Paul Elio, issued safe harbor statements to legally cover their asses. I’ve found that Arcimoto hit target goals, but generally it took much longer than expected. Not unusual for a new startup. That could be the case with full enclosure on the FUV-2.0 platform currently under development and production scale plans. Who knows…….time will tell.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How much demand is there for the FUV? Right now if the demand was as big as it's supposed to be, they would have way more then 5K reservations. Let's say 50K. Also, there's no way they are working 4 days a week. Any startup works 7 days a week and cranks out as much product as they can. Please do not blame "supply chain issues" as that's what failing companies say when they are having problems (it's someone elses problem, not ours). You hire the right people to correct those supply chain issues. I deal in manufacturing all of the time and Arcimoto fits the bill of not trying hard enough. Plus, 120 days to wait for delivery, all while they have an inventory (of completed vehicles)? Please explain how that works?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, 310 of them are going to Las Vegas

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How much demand is there for the FUV? Right now if the demand was as big as it's supposed to be, they would have way more then 5K reservations. Let's say 50K. Also, there's no way they are working 4 days a week. Any startup works 7 days a week and cranks out as much product as they can. Please do not blame "supply chain issues" as that's what failing companies say when they are having problems (it's someone elses problem, not ours). You hire the right people to correct those supply chain issues. I deal in manufacturing all of the time and Arcimoto fits the bill of not trying hard enough. Plus, 120 days to wait for delivery, all while they have an inventory (of completed vehicles)? Please explain how that works?
How big is the Demand? No idea, but Interest is there based on when people see them, test drive, and or rent them they want to buy one. The test drive is what sold me, until I discovered the issue with full enclosure. People that own a FUV like It. I could have sold 5 to people on the streets during my test drive back in 2019. They are currently tooled to assemble 6 friggen FUVs per day with sales and service open to a limited number of states. There are no vehicles in inventory, other than 2 or 3 as a result of cancelled orders and those sell fast to customers that would have had a long wait on a custom order. Hey, It’s their business model and it got them to production. One can only make assumptions as to why the slow progress. Perhaps big news during the next quarterly update regarding production scale or maybe they will close shop. They still have some cash on hand and as far as I know very little debt…….if any.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, 310 of them are going to Las Vegas

I suggest you read the article

The partnership calls for an initial 20-vehicle pilot program to begin at GoCar Tours Las Vegas in 2023. Upon successful completion of the pilot, GoCar will begin a phased deployment of up to an additional 290 vehicles to GoCar locations in Las Vegas, San Francisco, and San Diego, Calif., and later in Barcelona, Spain.

So it's a case of, "we will see how it works and then we will order the next 290 if it works out." Then that will be phased in. So the 310 order is assuming everything goes well. Again, we will have to wait and see as they have not listed any timeline. It could be 2 months or 2 years. Good news that they are doing something but again, a PR move to try to help the bleeding of the company.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How big is the Demand? No idea, but Interest is there based on when people see them, test drive, and or rent them they want to buy one. The test drive is what sold me, until I discovered the issue with full enclosure. People that own a FUV like It. I could have sold 5 to people on the streets during my test drive back in 2019. They are currently tooled to assemble 6 friggen FUVs per day with sales and service open to a limited number of states. There are no vehicles in inventory, other than 2 or 3 as a result of cancelled orders and those sell fast to customers that would have had a long wait on a custom order. Hey, It’s their business model and it got them to production. One can only make assumptions as to why the slow progress. Perhaps big news during the next quarterly update regarding production scale or maybe they will close shop. They still have some cash on hand and as far as I know very little debt…….if any.
In the real world of investors, they want to see numbers, not feeling. Arcimoto does great marketing but yet the demand seems to not be there due to the lack of orders. Yes, the company for no reason at all, decided to limit the sales area (which I don't know of any other company here in the US for a product like that, does that. Arcimoto made two announcements of roadside service by a company with 175K outlets in all 50 states. Yet service is now an issue? Not a single person can explain this to me. I'm all ears as to why this deal fell apart or was not implemented like it was to be. Obviously, the press releases were wrong and thus Arcimoto needs to explain why. I'm guessing that will never happen.

As for inventory, it's in the SEC filings. Numbers are numbers. They shouldn't have a single completed FUV in stock, all should go to a reservationists or customer.

Yes production is a royal pain in the butt for ramping up. Others do it as they must. Arcimoto working at 4 days per week is not going to cut it. If I was at the helm, I'd move the operation to Alabama, Tennessee, or South Carolina. Then the labor is cheaper, tax incentives are better, land is cheaper and OEM suppliers are local. After that, run that thing for 7 days a week for 12hr shifts. Rotate the work force for 3 days at a time and then 3 days off. That's a common way companies work there.

If they want to be Oregon based, then leave the HQ there and do all of the R&D along with current product development. I'd also have the engineering staff stop on all of the side projects and throw everything into the Deliverator. Create a custom engineered and designed version specific for customers needs. They can make a generic one but custom, that's where the money is at. Just ask Roush. Who do you think made the original Deliverator for Dominos? Maybe Arcimoto should hire them to make a specific pizza Deliverator. That would go a long way.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the real world of investors, they want to see numbers, not feeling. Arcimoto does great marketing but yet the demand seems to not be there due to the lack of orders. Yes, the company for no reason at all, decided to limit the sales area (which I don't know of any other company here in the US for a product like that, does that. Arcimoto made two announcements of roadside service by a company with 175K outlets in all 50 states. Yet service is now an issue? Not a single person can explain this to me. I'm all ears as to why this deal fell apart or was not implemented like it was to be. Obviously, the press releases were wrong and thus Arcimoto needs to explain why. I'm guessing that will never happen.

As for inventory, it's in the SEC filings. Numbers are numbers. They shouldn't have a single completed FUV in stock, all should go to a reservationists or customer.

Yes production is a royal pain in the butt for ramping up. Others do it as they must. Arcimoto working at 4 days per week is not going to cut it. If I was at the helm, I'd move the operation to Alabama, Tennessee, or South Carolina. Then the labor is cheaper, tax incentives are better, land is cheaper and OEM suppliers are local. After that, run that thing for 7 days a week for 12hr shifts. Rotate the work force for 3 days at a time and then 3 days off. That's a common way companies work there.

If they want to be Oregon based, then leave the HQ there and do all of the R&D along with current product development. I'd also have the engineering staff stop on all of the side projects and throw everything into the Deliverator. Create a custom engineered and designed version specific for customers needs. They can make a generic one but custom, that's where the money is at. Just ask Roush. Who do you think made the original Deliverator for Dominos? Maybe Arcimoto should hire them to make a specific pizza Deliverator. That would go a long way.
You continue stating opinion based misinformation about a new startup vehicle company that successfully crossed the production finish line, has a 200,000 sf manufacturing facility, fabricating many of their own parts, is assembling 6 units per day with a production scale plan in the works, delivering FUVs, has a servicing network in place, happy customers, a backlog of orders, and several rental locations in key tourist destinations. Arcimoto details their progress along with financial statements in their Quarterly Updates for anyone interested in the facts. As an investor (time & $FUV) I wish them continued success.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We will see what hopes and dreams will bring. I definately know their Q4 numbers will be better as they eliminated a good amount of employees and that's an instant way to make you look better. Sticking that MLM on the backburner was an even better idea. Hopefully they can sell TMW as that purchase made no sense at all. Just doing those three will make the company (on paper) look like they are turning it around. Now they need to make the produce and try not to lose a fortune on each one they sell. When you look at the SEC numbers, they have a long way to go for making a $1 profit on each unit sold.

Top Bottom